Dumaguete Info Search

Arrived in Dumaguete on Friday

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by reedee, Nov 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    mexican restaurant!!??

Haha, you guys crack me up....I don't think I said anything about opening a restaurant!! :eek: My husband said I should consider it......I was thinking of just offering mexican dishes by pre-order, perhaps....something simple. I don't know, we shall see what happens!! Dumaguete definitely NEEDS mexican food, though!!
    Can't wait to move there!!! Over here dying in Paranaque...*cough, *cough, wheeze, wheeze..........
    Marie:D

2. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Dumaguete doesn't need a Mexican restaurant. It needs a QUALITY Mexican restaurant that serves quality Mexican food including real tortillas, salsa, and uses real good quality cheeses!

3. OP
    OP
    reedee

reedee DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I totally agree....and that doesn't just go for Dumaguete, here in Manila they consider an enchilada something wrapped in a flour tortilla. No such thing as corn tortillas here....which is an absolute MUST when making enchiladas. I am already making plans to send the Masa Harena and tortilla press and cast iron skillet needed, also will have to send canned green chili peppers (haven't seen them yet, here, anywhere, either).....there are actually many things I will have send by Balikbayan, and my hubby is getting desperate for enchiladas, so I am going to have to hurry and go to Oklahoma and get a box shipped over, pronto!! The cheese concerns me.....can't send that in Balikbayan box......

4. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Most restaruants serving mexican food normally cannot use a good quality cheese. If they do then the customers complain of the cost. If you want quality, it doesn't come cheap. So there are 2 kinds of restaraunts A) Quality= complaints of price. B)Inexpensive=Complaints of Quality. It all boils down to what your willing to sacrifice your money or your taste

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.