Dumaguete Info Search

As if Filipino restaurants are loud enough already..

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Bandit, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arie

Arie DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    wel I did not pretend only the US commited warcrimes in that war, Auswitch is btw in Poland, warcrimes of any kind are no good but there is a slight difference that the US army was regular and the Ph irregulars and if one had not decided to be in the others country there would have not been a conflict in the first place.

It was a response ito that the Fillipines should be so gratefull to the US and specific its armed forces, what is a rather one sided view on their mutual history. Maybe read up a bit on that war, it likely costs over half a mil philipino's lives,
    funny you mention concentration camps since there where plenty it seems, the war was mainly fought by generals who had also been active in the Indian wars and their methodes and mind set where very much the same

2. atlargex

atlargex DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Any discussions about atrocities, we should start with the Japanese, not the Americans...

Now let's see, what's worse? Japanese imperialism or having some grumpy old American complaining about noisy kids in the Philippines?::confused:

3. Arie

Arie DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    well atrocities was not the subject I guess, I just do not like one sided nationalistic inspired presentation of history (the casualties in the philipines where relatively much lower in WWII then in the Fillipino-American war but of course a much fresher scar, there was little the Japanese did in Ph the US had not done themselves)

the grumpy man (no idea if Bandit is an American) was just funny tongue in cheek I though, it is a bit like complaining there are too many coconuts in the Phillipines and it is too warm

just don't take me for an US basher or something, since I got no bread with the Country or the people, all colonial powers have similar histories and they are not totaly evil.

4. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    got to be grumpy old foreigners,lol

5. Don

Don DI Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1
    Awwwww, Maximus......I was really just starting to enjoy the "discussion" betwen them!

d*mn! I'm new to this site and can't find how to post a 'Smily Face', or the one with the popcorn box...LOL! Help, somebody!!?? Anybody?? Dang-nab-it!!

6. ginni6

ginni6 DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    i am just a guest here in this country and i respekt the country but sometimes its boring for me to be the longnose or the cheap charly or the he joe

7. ginni6

ginni6 DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    and by the way every father or mom is proud of her kid and dont forget kids are the future of every country

8. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Now that's depressing. Bleak future eh:eek:

9. mrsteve38

mrsteve38 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Remember the Bells of Balanbiga....

10. ReBelBiKeR

ReBelBiKeR DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

so to the thread-starter, having gone through the opinions, the violent reactions, the flaming, and out-of-topic posts...

what say have you? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.