Dumaguete Info Search

ATM machine charges..

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by john reynolds, Apr 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. derivative_guru

derivative_guru DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 1
    Can you transfer from a US Dollar account to another US Dollar here in the Philippines?

That website seems to indicate transferring USD to PHP at "Competitive Exchange Rates".... this is usually where you get hit. I prefer to transfer USD to USD then exchange here.

2. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Not sure, as you mentioned, the site does seem to indicate you can only do dollars to pesos and they likely have some sort of agreement to that effect with BPI. You would have to call them to make sure. Other countries listed are dollar to dollar though, maybe they would give you the same option for the Philippines.

https://www.wellsfargo.com/help/intl_transfer/faqs#Q5

3. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    I like PNBrcionline, they have several branches in the states which you never have to set foot in and their fees are reasonable for bank to bank transfers in the PI. They do have a $1,000 a day and $5,000 a month limit and I am not sure about the dollar to dollar transfer but I am guessing if you have a dollar account you would just transfer it in to that account. I myself use a dollar to peso account. I have never fussed about the exchange rate, I just want the money to be there. It usually takes about 3 days for a bank to bank transfer. It would probably be quicker if you had a PNB account to transfer to but I use other banks for in country banking.

4. OP
    OP
    john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Thanks Guys.. So far this thread has turned out alot of useful information. As for now I will stick with the ATM machine and just let Them keep kicking Me while I'm down with the new imposed fees.. I've been well aware of the bank to bank Dollar account transactions available {for the $30 or so fee} for Years now, but I'd hate to imagine what could happen to a large lump sum of money once it reaches the Commanders hands over there.. That's why it's much better to send smaller amounts to Her once a week. By the way, I just looked at the exchange rate on Bloomberg and it's sitting at 44.67 Pesos to the U.S. Dollar. Yesterday it was at 44.77.... Must be heading towards another downward spiral just in time for My arrival there this coming June...Cheers......

5. OP
    OP
    john reynolds

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Max ATM withdrawels..

Are there any ATM machines in town that will allow You to take out more than 8000 pesos per transaction? If I'm not mistaken, I think one of the members had mentioned not too long ago that one of the banks in town will allow You to take out 10,000 Pesos in a single transaction.... Cheers.....

6. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    The ATM's outside Lee plaza allow up to 10K.

7. OP
    OP
    john reynolds

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Thanks as always "The Dude".. I owe You a White Russian on the rocks when I'm there in June....Cheers....

8. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    BPI ATM's go 10K (the one across LEE is not accepting international C-Cards most of the time).

If they run out of 500 and 1000 bills you can only pull 4000 (if very lucky 8000) in one go as they are limited to 40 bills and 200 are rare in Duma

I drink SMB ... hehehe

9. OP
    OP
    john reynolds

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Ok.. Roadie Rhoody... I owe You one to. Just name anyplace and anytime after My arrival on the 12th of June. CHEERS

10. Martillo

Martillo DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The only bank I noticed charging additional 150 peso is the Metro Bank, which is a pitty for me, since it is the only ATM in the Bagacay area (in Hypermart). And d*mn Robinsons STILL does not feature a single ATM.

As far as I can tell from my tests, the 150 peso extra is on top of the hidden charges international cards are being charged anyway. So I will stay clear of Metrobank from now on.

My favorite ATM nowadays it at the new ChinaBank branch at Real St.
    I never experienced a queue there. And it lets you withdraw 10k.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.