Dumaguete Info Search

Attempted Break In

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by PatO, Feb 9, 2011.

1. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    At 8:15 pm tonight I am in my front yard with my dog on a leash, near my porch. All of a sudden I look over and a figure is running line hell along the concrete wall toward the front fence, goes to a large stone near the fence and jumps over (the low end of the fence, we are on a hill and the fence is level), I run after the person with the dog on the leash but too late, the person is gone. I go outside the gate and look up and down and nothing. I bring the puppy inside and grab my banger stick and go outside and check things out, nothing. I go into the house and find out the corner bedroom has two windows and the screens were open. We have inside grills so the person discovered without a saw they couldn't get in. I have the place secured like Ft. Knox, so I'm not too worried. But to have the audacity at 8pm at night to attempt this is incredible. The only escape route is out the front, back and sides protected, so they apparently knew the route out. Tomorrow, I will put my USMC traps (RonV and Garbonzo know) around the only area easy to enter or exit in that part of the front fence. I knew that corner was vulnerable but the builder went for looks instead of security. As I told my wife, don't worry, I'm glad it happened because the perp knows the internal grills and I will put a defensive perimeter around the weak point. I knew when we built here we would be a target. Still, don't want a pregnant wife to be stressed so I am pissed and ready.

2. john reynolds

john reynolds DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Hey Pat, You might want to invest in a bigger Dog for Your Compound, not too mention that Your Mini Pincher would have a Companion too....cheers, John

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Ouch!

:eek: Hey! John, APO will grow! eventually :p

Jack P. :smile:

4. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    I have met this gigantic ankle-snapper. Give it time and it will graduate from ankles to butts.

Pat, your old skills and knowlege should come in to play here. Some trip wire and a release pin attached to some springy bamboo under tension, which, when tripped, releases some high velocity dog poo should be a nice welcome for the uninvited. :D

5. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    Nothing like

the shiny white teeth of a very large BLACK DOG. Why black? Because at night all you can see is TEETH!

:wink:

6. Bebasguy

Bebasguy DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Anybody know where I can obtain either a German Sheppard or Doberman? George greberting@yahoo.com

7. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    The owner of Dumaguete Crematorium (central cemetery) has Doberman puppy's for sale so now and than.

8. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Bethel has some sort of motion activated dog barking recording that goes off whenever you go down into their basement garage. It's used to keep out other animals...cats or birds or something. I forget which exactly.

Just walk/drive down the garage ramp and into the garage a few feet, and it'll go off.

Ask them about their set up - and maybe better than the barking, hook the motion sensor to outside flood lights.

:cool:

9. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    You should set motion detector floodlight coverage on every one of your barred windows.
    Also, check the bars once in a while for signs of hacksawing.
    Get a registered and legal firearm and keep it close at night. I recommend a pump shotgun with a pistol grip stock and an attached to barrel laser/flashlight.

10. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Jeeeeeeeeeeeees man!

:eek: Manz! You would't need to hacksaw the grills, that thing will blow the bedroom wall out I think!!:p

Jack P.:smile: