Dumaguete Info Search

Balikbayan Box Requests?

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by lakotamoon, May 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakotamoon

lakotamoon DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I am considering including some items in a Balikbayan Box that are most missed by Expats living in the Dumaguete area. I've only visited Duma before but met some great folks while there.

I remember them expressing a yearning for real coffee, salsa, peppers, tomato, etc.

Any particular wants among this group?

I know when I move to the RP permentently I will be shipping one whole Balikbayan box filled with pinto beans, another with salsa & jalapeno peppers, another with nitrogen sealed bags of coffee beans. Depending on legality of shipping into the RP.

Lakotamoon

2. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    If you're taking orders (so to speak) I need a power cord for my electric shaver. Looks like I left the original in FL..

I could order it online and have it sent to your address.

3. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Pinto Beans, Salsa and Jalapeno peppers are readily available at least in AC and Manila...

I am sure in Cebu also - so shipping that in might not be necessary.

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Fat G has Jalapeno peppers and had Pinto Beans, not sure if still, ... Shadow the best Salasa I tasted ever (time for a 500 peso order, Larry. Let me know when ready) , so my order would be an American who is not special forces, green barret, delta and all that BS ( there are more in Duma then ever been in any war - zone). So just a normal guy where I can have a beer with and talk bad about people who are not around at that time ... hehehe

Anyway all the best to your plans, hope to dee you around one day

cheers
    Rhoody

5. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    How do you dee somebody around - and is that against our guidelines here?

6. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

If you've ever hung around with Rhoodee, you've been "deed" around. Certainly it should be against dee law!

Larry

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    I will add that to the rules ...:

Don't post with fat fingers on DI using a cellphone...

cheers
    Rhoody

PS: Kim, you are on a field trip!!!! What are you doing on DI, you should be drunk and have fun (fun does not mean picking on me)

PPS: Larry, the Dane "deeed me" the last 2 weekends ...

8. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Lakotamoon, nice offering. Can you please add a few Old Spice Swagger deordorant sticks, local stuff leaves me smelling like the goats next door, also some Visine eye drops, and some Edge shaving gel. I can pay you in dollars or pesos. Semper Fi

9. OP
    OP
    lakotamoon

lakotamoon DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I'm making a list guys so keep the requests coming in.

As for 'too many Rambo types'? It's a world wide problem. I've met 'em in every corner of the world I've been too.

Had to run over one in the doorway to the McDonalds in Duma last time I was there. He came crashing in running over every native he could, stepped on my Asawa's foot... hit the deck like a bag of cement.

I stepped over him on the way out. But I'm a peace loving man and let it go about 4 steps into the street.

Keep the want list coming. I have a good friend who lives year round in Duma and plan on sending he and his Asawa a box soon.

Lakotamoon

10. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,532 / 1,016
    Glad you gave an exemption to Marines:wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.