Dumaguete Info Search

Balikbayan Box Requests?

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by lakotamoon, May 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boricua

boricua DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just came across my membership certificate for the Special Forces Association. I'll scan that today or tomorrow and present that as evidence. You have to be Special Forces in order to become a member. If that is not satisfactory for some, then that will be to bad for them. Once I submit this evidence I expect the matter to be closed.

2. bounty98

bounty98 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    is this something between ex military types? I am sorry but I am not ex military and as far as I am concerned if you say you are that is fine with me. I would take you at your word. If its something that people feel the need to lie about that is their problem not mine. Do not see what difference it really makes other than having to sit though stories that are not really true I guess...

3. Fozzboy

Fozzboy DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

yes i believe you , but i know what Larry means i have only spoken to a few people,and most claim to have been in the high ranks as you were, so respects to you and good to have you on the forum.

Alan

4. boricua

boricua DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I really appreciate the welcome. My comment relating to my Special Forces affiliation was in response to a good natured comment from another member regarding the many members of SF, Seals and other special ops guys living in Dumaguete. In response to another member that is non military and has taken me at my word, I would say thanks for your support. And yes, it is infantil and just a lot of BS macho posturing. I have been out of the military for a long time and am way past that. Twice I was asked by this individual to provide proof. After the first message, I brushed it off, but then I go a second message. Basically I was asked to present my Challenge Coin which is a bit difficult to do when you are half way around the world. It's a way to extract a drink from the person if he is unable to present the coin. Whatever!. I'm going to scan the document in order to shut him up an that should be the end of it.

5. cbindenver

cbindenver DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    boricua...I don't care about backgrounds...want to welcome you here...Carl

6. boricua

boricua DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks! I really appreciate that.

7. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,855 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Why post it in the first place, that you was in the so called "special forces" ?

looking for attention are what. :rolleyes:

8. bounty98

bounty98 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

and what's wrong with that? I thought the first requirement upon joining here was to speak about one's self. I have talked about the things I have done haven't you? If someone doesn't want to take me at my word i would simply tell them to p*ss off....

9. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,855 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    OMG, this thread is supposed to about sending boxes to Philippines.

If one wants to introduced one self and express their ex military experiences. Please do so in the correct THREAD. IE introducing your self. :rolleyes:

10. bounty98

bounty98 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh OK...so it was about incorrect thread placement...gotcha! Have to say that is an aspect of forum etiquette that I have real difficulty with, confirmed thread hijacker here. In my mind once a thread is born to the world its pretty much free to ramble wherever ones heart cares to take it! :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.