Dumaguete Info Search

Banks

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by ecelle, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    ecelle

ecelle DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, i am only pointing base on my own experience. That is why i perfectly make it clear that I do not know about any other institution. Although i know for sure that i was taught "during my days" the british way of english. I do not know how it is now. When you think about it, America used to follow the british english before, way way back. However, they somehow wanted to change it and preferred to use their own american way of english. Maybe the rest of the world follows it too. Who knows. Sad to say that it has been changed, but to think about it, Modern/US english is easier to understand. WHen a filipino right an essay, a comma is use every now and then. It is use base on the timing on how you deliver your writing just like british english. Just think about shakespare writing a poem or story, a comma is everywhere. Again, i don't know how it is now, i am only concern of my kids getting a good education.

When it comes to banks, it is so true that US banks charges every little thing. It sucks, but that reality in the states...Just have to deal with it

PEACE to everyone here...:-)

2. OP
    OP
    ecelle

ecelle DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

I totally agree with you! :-)

3. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Don't be offended but your somehow, some-when statements are wrong for your days... and anybody's days. You probably got taught Filipino English which does not fit to both other forms of English...

There is simply NO britsh english involved in the education system here, unless you have a private british teacher...

Of course you don't need to believe me but you can see the facts using search engines and will find thing like:

or ...

talking about punctuation ...

and a little bit History :

The first Webster (at that time called: "An American Dictionary of the English Language") came out 1828. Actually 22 years before that Webster wrote the "Compendious Dictionary of the English Language". Kuya Webster was a professor in Yale and since 1806 the "u" is eliminated from "colour" and similar words.

so roughly 140 years later Americans (no Brit to see on that educational battle-field whatever direction you look) brought english here, but despite all facts you got taught british english...

As I am able to admit wrong statements, I apologize deeply for my statement here before. I was wrong..

Kids are NOT taught in American English !!!

... but also not british english.

and I am sure when there will be a FilipinoEnglish-Webster one day in the future, word like "cn, u, b, m, txt-mt" will be included :D

Also Pce frm m site , gn dvng

Rhoody

5. OP
    OP
    ecelle

ecelle DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well, facts is the fact.. you cannot really argue anything when it comes to it because it is the real thing, that i understand..maybe those are the facts, but the fact that i was basing my openion tru my experience is something that i need to stand for. I did not say that you are wrong, infact, since you stated based on the fact, i respect that:-) I am not going to say that i was wrong also because i been there and done it already. it doesn't matter what wiki pedia or google say's about it because doesn't change the fact that i know and remembered what i been taught back then.

Im just greatful that i know what i know now... :-))))

6. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822

The irony is thick here. I see the locals pull the "go back home" card on foreigners all the time. It's especially amusing when the local in question (and often the entire family) is living off the wages of an OFW in that foreigners home country. One of the largest inflows of money to the Philippines is from workers abroad sending money here, so why are you so quick to tell foreigners to go home? Derivative_guru's "place you come from" is the U.S. and I believe that is the same country YOU are living in. Complain about the U.S. all you want, it's a nation of immigrants, we won't tell you to go home.

7. TheDude

TheDude DI Forum Patron Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +1,465 / 822
    Yes, I can see that from a typical walk downtown. Maybe the reason many Filipinos have a hard time carrying a conversation with me and end up talking to my girlfriend in the local dialect is because my grammar is so horrible they can't understand me.

Pushing aside grammar for a moment, your statistical skills need improvement. You can't put together such wide ranging arguments such as comparing the U.S. and Filipino education systems based on what your nephew Bob did in school or your one class in college. Being a private school doesn't make a school good, or being a public school doesn't make a school bad. You are also ignoring the differences in students. Perhaps a Filipino who excels in the U.S. school system simply works harder.

Personally, I think all schools suck. If you were born to kick @ss in life, the school won't keep you down and it may not much matter which school you go to.

By the way, which college did you attend?

8. OP
    OP
    ecelle

ecelle DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Maybe from where you are, people

What kind of proper english conversation can you really get from the people you meet on the steet? Maybe if you talk to people who are actually inside the universities you will get a answer or a conversation the way you wanted. however, i salute those filipinos who tried their best to talk to foreign people the best way they can, at least they are trying to speak it. I don't know much about dumaguete people when it comes to people or how the people talk or act, but i do know that it is a small city but with a good school reputation surrounded with friendly people. People talking to your girlfriend instead to you is common. The reason why is they don't understand what your talking most of the time, ( especially people you meet on the street downdtown)

ABout my english, I don't really care what statistical skill i need to improve. I passed my all my english class ,and I will continue to progress and learn as grow. It's all about knowing ang not rushing things. I am not a native born of america or britain to know and speak the proper english grammar. I continue to learn as long as i live. I do agree with you that being in a public school doesn't mean it's bad or a bad school because there are a lot of good public schools in the US, and i did said in my post. I did not say " all" of the public school are bad. I also agree with you that not becuase you ar in prvate school doesn't mean that it's all fine and perfect, because there are many private schools that are for money only and not teaching the kids right. However, it is also very known and clear that most private schools does better job than public schools.

I also personally think that school is suck, especially if you have to study other classes ( not related to your course )just to graduate.
    ----I am attending Life University , Doctor of Chiropractic in Atlanta...----

9. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    earlier you stated that you only talk about your own experience and now another statement of you without the slightest clue about Dumaguete, but the most important thing ... you said something, even it is total nonsense.

Dumaguete is a university town and most people you meet downtown during daytime are students as also the Universities are located in or very close to the centre ...

Serious, is it somehow possible for you to talk about something you really have knowledge about and not just weird bottomless statements ???

anyway, as the Banks are closed now it is time to close that thread too :smile:

for continuing Education click here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.