Dumaguete Info Search

becoming an expat.

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Tbennekik, Aug 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tbennekik

Tbennekik DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hello,

Our foster daughter didn't do it that good in School. So after high school she tried university but she stopped.

Because there aren't so much jobs in the Phills for High School graduates I wonder if she can work as an expat.

But how does this work practically? Can someone give some advise. All info is welcome.

thanks in advance

2. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    "I wonder if she can work as an expat."???
    I was wondering, what is the job/occupation, "expat".
    I never herd this term used to describe an occupation.
    Is there such a job/occupation?
    If you are asking if she can work if she is an expat, than the answer will be, yes.

Jim

3. OP
    OP
    Tbennekik

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    expat

hello,

with "expat" I just mean someone who is working abroad, outside the Philippines. Unfortunately the girl has no degree. A lot of nurses, doctors and even caregivers are working abroad.
    What I wonder if there are possibilities for someone just with an high school degree. And if so, who can she become an honest job abroad.

4. Union Jack

Union Jack DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    Does your step daughter have dual citizenship?

5. grandpainak

grandpainak DI Forum Patron Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +700 / 163
    Tbennekik,
    I'm confused, I think if I know what countries you were talking about, I/we could better understand your question. At this time I have no idea because I don't know which countries you are talking about. Or even your or her nationality. With out this information it will be hard to answer or even understand your question.

Jim

6. dauinrcflyer

dauinrcflyer DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I could be wrong, but I think he is asking how his daughter can work as a OFW.

7. OP
    OP
    Tbennekik

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    working abroad

dauinrcflyer you are right, that's what I mean.:D

My foster daughter is a filipina. She has only Philippine nationality. But I know that a lot of countries open their boarders for Philippine workers.
    My question is: can a young woman (19) with only a high school degree work abroad and where can she have some info about it.

8. Union Jack

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    I think working (legally) in the UK or even any other EU country is out of the question as all employers are requested by law to carry out checks on all applicants to see if they are legally seeking employment. Of course one can always enter with a student visa then slip away and work illegally, but in doing so you'll find yourself exposed to unscrupolous employers, with no rights to education, health care, and basically always on the look-out and of course poorly paid.
    Working in the Middle East.......brrrrrrr, I had brief encounters with a number of Pinays, whom were telling me of the tratment they have to endure at the hands of various Qatary, Kuwaity, Saudi employers, and I can tell you that while a few lucky one are quiet happy with their employers (the highly qualified nurses in particular), most of them are treated worst then servants, having to eat leftovers, lack of rest as they are constantly called to do something, never left out of their quarters unless going out shopping and carrying the heavy bags for their employers and paid very little indeed. By the way, their employers trick them into handing over their passports which they then keep so no chance of any escape. If one happened to be good looking, she'll be often be harassed by male employers and in some cases even raped. Who is going to believe a "maid" against the word of her master?? Do you remember President Arroyo going to a Middle East country asking for the release of a hundred of Pinoy/Pinay prisoners? I rest my case.
    BE AWARE.:eek:

9. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,855 / 1,022
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Sounds like my boss :wink:

10. Union Jack

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    Yeah Jimeve, You're telling me......if he was to do the same in the Phils he would long be gone:rolleyes: :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.