Dumaguete Info Search

Becoming an EZ ride driver

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Bandit, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bandit

Bandit Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    More transportation questions, in the event my relatives want to move up from tricycle driving someday to EZ ride driver..

I wonder if any Filipino can just buy a EZ ride, join the transportation group, pick a route they want to drive and go for it? Or is driving a route somehow regulated by either the city or the transportation group etc?

I know the mayor has raised his permit fee etc. But other than fees, is it a hassle to take up that kind of work?

Again, if some of you are riding the EZ rides now and then you might ask the drivers how it works.

We used to pick up the EZ ride across from the Market where they all parked to go back to Candau-ay :smile:

2. PhilT

PhilT DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Ez rides

Not sure but would think it is run on the same lines as the Pedi's you need to get a franchise and a route, then a reg number. The registration and route can be worth more than the vehicle if you have an old jeepney or pedi !! Off the top of my head P20,000 was the last cost, for a pedi. well if you want more advice go to the land Tranportation office and ask for Ms Marilou Academia, she is my sister in law, she will fill you in on what to do, and also arrange it for you.

3. OP
    OP
    Bandit

Bandit Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Supposedly their not allowing any new pedi registrations to keep the numbers of the pedis down. But I'd heard it could be done if paid under the table..or through the nose..

I'll ask the in charge at the small ez ride terminal across from the Dgte Public Market and see what the story is when I get there.

4. PhilT

PhilT DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    yes, but why not buy a pedi from someone complete with a route? its like a fishing boat with a license, but you can buy the license separate.

5. OP
    OP
    Bandit

Bandit Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was thinking of getting my relatives in at the entry level, renting a tricycle to see if they pursue it seriously..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.