Dumaguete Info Search

Been here a week and a half now...

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by devildog4, Sep 15, 2012.

1. devildog4

devildog4 DI Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +5 / 3
    I haven't had time to meet Rhoody yet, but would like to share a few things. I made reservations at gohotels for four days only, in case we didn't like it. Got the room for P588 a night plus VAT. Clean, modern, good A/C, satellite TV and WiFi. Stayed the four days and paid for 10 more. Cheaper than anyplace in town for the same price. I recommend it.

Ate at Pasta King after a review here. Good price, good food, good portions and quick service. I recommend it.

Went to Coco Grande for an "american" breakfast. It advertised the American Breakfast as eggs, bacon or ham, baked beans (English, not American) and toasted bread with juice, coffee and fruit. Not bad, but not worth P250.

Ate at several place in Robinsons mall. Not to impressed. Had desert at Sans Rival. Masarap!

We haven't been here for 6 years, but don't remember the traffic being so bad.

Thanks to everyone for their posts, reviews and suggestions. I have been here to Dumaguete since 1996, probably 6 or 7 times. It is the hometime of my wife and I have lotsa nieces and nephews here. I retire in 12 months and if I will go to the PI, it will be here!

2. OP
    OP
    devildog4

Retired
    Ratings:
    +5 / 3
    Finally ate at Casablanca. Met the friendly and funny owner Guenther. Had an "American" style breakfast. Pretty weird. Included a small salad (for breakfast?), waiter said to avoid the sausage and stick to the bacon. Also included mexican style salsa with bread instead of tortilla chips. Additional surprise was the hair in the salsa. Then another hair on the main course plate. Average price P250 and below standard food. Good service. Nice deli. I will give it another chance for dinner before I go home. After all, this is the PI and things are different here...

3. joseph domaille

joseph domaille DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    was the hair curly

4. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Was the hair extra:wink:

5. brian ausie

brian ausie DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +32 / 2
    was the hair short and curly?

6. OP
    OP
    devildog4

Retired
    Ratings:
    +5 / 3
    I don't remember if it was short and curly or not, but the cook said it was his own "special sauce!"...

7. OP
    OP
    devildog4

Retired
    Ratings:
    +5 / 3
    Forgot to post a photo of the lechon baboy for my Birthday that my extended family cooked for me...

Attached Files:

8. OP
    OP
    devildog4

Retired
    Ratings:
    +5 / 3
    I gave Casablanca another chance for dinner tonight. Tried the house mixed salad (ok) with garlic bread (ok) and a Casablanca steak. I ordered it medium rare...it was undercooked, a good portion...and flavorful and tender...staff and service were good...overall a good meal...