Dumaguete Info Search

Best and worst area to live in the Dumaguete area

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by tbevan, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pedro

Pedro DI Senior Member Showcase Reviewer Veteran Navy

Programmer, Photographer and Web Developer
    Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    You have obviously by-passed the town square with its park and tennis courts otherwise youd have known you were in the center of this somewhat picturesque but small town.

Even by car from Batinquel it can take 10-15 minutes to get to Forest Camp.

2. Pedro

Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    That's a good question. Anybody know or have a reasonable formula to use to determine a fair price to pay for purchase of right-of-way access to remote properties or lots?

3. aying

aying DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Pedro,

regarding prices for right-of-way, thats a very vague thing.

To start with. Right of way cannot be denied. By law a person who needs road-right of way, shall be provided such. But, it now depends on the person who is providing the right of way. it follows:

1. Either he gives it freely, no pay, with complete rights.

2. or he sells it to the one needing the right-of-way.

Now in selling, their is no regulation as to how much it is. As per law, he can name the price. And since you need the road-right-of-way, then you have no choice.

The only thing a court can do is force him to open up and provide. How he provides is up to him, either give freely or sell/trade/swap.

NOTE: I say trade/swap, because I've heard/seen instances where people come to terms by swapping a few sq. meters. for the road right of way. Like, if your two lots are adjacent. Then you can come to agreeable term by giving him a portion of your lot, in return for him providing you a road-right-of-way in equivalent area.(eg, he gives you a total of xxx sq mtrs and u give him same, from your lot).

Im not a lawyer. I know because this is what happened to me.

Hope this helps. And when buying/leasing land, make sure their is an existing road-right-of-way, or a signed agreement for such road right of way.

4. Pedro

Ratings:
    +73 / 5
    Thanks Aying, that's sort of what I suspected. If they dont take fair market value for sq. meter its maybe better to look somewhere else or stick to land that uses a common access.

5. aying

aying DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I'm not saying they won't follow the fair market value. This is where good neighbor relations come in. For all you know, they would let you use for free?

If you have enough land area, you can do the swap thing. 1:1.

6. aying

aying DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Im not saying they wont use fair market value.

It depends how you negotiate with them.

You can swap land if you have enough. Unless its impractical.

7. jedclintock

jedclintock DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow, lots of rancor here!, 5 minutes 10 minutes whats the big deal. you guys enjoying life, or just like to argue? hehe

Valencia is over rated by the people who payed way too much for their property there, and won't admit it isn't nirvana. Checked it out. Apparently it rains a lot there according to informed locals.

Dauin is going that way as well, there is no short supply of ignorant foreigners with money, paying too much for property with questionable right of ways and titles.

As I was in Dumaguete recently to visit and look around, I was astounded by the chaos and dirtiness of the place. way too much road construction and no apparent plan. And I was expecting a quaint rural city full of friendly people, I observed lots of unfriendly white people, and street beggars.
    Maybe when the roads are fixed it will be better.

And what is with that idiotic monstrosity that seems to be the future Robinsons? Looks like a Dixie cup drive in from 1955.

I agree with the assessment about north of Dumaguete. Amalan, San Jose, Tanjay, all what Dumaguete probably used to be in the distant past.

So it's my opinion... flame suit on...

8. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

Do I smell sour grapes? Or is it just someone in need of a fix? May I suggest some lithium?

:wink:

Larry

9. Don

Don DI Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 1
    Best and Worst area to live in the Dumaguete srea

Aying,
    I see you have been posting here since 9/'07, so I guess you should have been "around town" a bit by now and pretty much know the lay-of-the-land.

However, that said, I have looked all around the DGTE area since arriving here in 5/'06....we've looked from the beach areas of Zambo, up into so-called "overlooking" lots in Valencia (which many did not have any "overlook" at all) up to Bias.

In those several years, we never once.....not ONE time....found any seller of any type/size lot - beach front or not - willing to do as you say is possible: namely - let you use it for free (give away) right of way or swap land for land!!

PLEASE! If you know of anyone willingto give away a piece of land, let me know! I'll take it, sight unseen. If you know of any seller who will swap land for land, I have an extra 2,500 sm I would be willing to consider a swap for!

I don't know where you have found out about those kind of deals....but I have never seen or heard of any like you claim is possible.

Kindly email me off the forum if you have this special information. Thank you.

10. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Don. For the record, we brokered a land deal in Valencia 3 years ago where there was land traded for a similar amount of land in order to provide a right of way to the purchaser. So it does sometimes happen.

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.