Dumaguete Info Search

Best Beaches in the Philippines - Boracay

Discussion in '☋ Other Destinations in the Philippines and Asia ☋' started by Travel Guide, Nov 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZambeziKid

ZambeziKid DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Great stuff PN, thanks for taking the time to answer.

Port Barton sounds like it will be fun for a good holiday at least, if not a place to stay and work.

Yes, Negros too - thanks for the info on Sipalay. I know practically nothing about Negros, outside of the greater DMGT area. Having spent some time in DMGT I was wondering about Negros. It seems such a huge place, most of it green with little habitation. Surely there must be some nice places on the coast somewhere?!

2. ENIGMA

ENIGMA DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hi Zambezikid,somebody has certainly lost the plot!I witness a similar episode on another site recently,where again you were unjustly attacked for what you had said.
    You wont recognize the name as I have a different alias on this site but my aviator is the same.

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Zambezi,

this board is exactly about Robinson's, and Ferry's to Cebu, MC Donald's power and Internet supply in Dumaguete and definitely NOT about imperialism and foreign policy, the environment, animal rights, religion...

there are thousands of boards for that issues existing in the www. This web page is for people interested in Dumaguete and the surrounding areas. Who look information for their holiday visit here. That is the reason and the idea behind www.dumagueteinfo.com

And it is also not up to you to tell the 3 moderators what they do on their !!private site which does not earn the costs for servermaintenance. No need to talk about the hours the 3 sitting in front of that board, (what is a very small part of Dumagueteinfo.com) to clear up the fights of max. 20 people... out of 1200+ different visitors daily).

We do get posts reported from people who throw around with f... words by them self, just the other poster is direct and is not copying links and articles from other web pages. funny wise have the reported posts no single bad word in it, just a OWN opinion. but the answer of that members who reporting the posts are full of attacks...

some posters are not educated like others, some have not the language knowledge, but If I read through their posts I get what they mean and what they want to say.

Rhoody

4. ENIGMA

ENIGMA DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hi Zk,You have certainly stirred up a "hornets nest " as usual.I understand now why people's reactions are so hostile towards you now.I previously assumed your aviator was a picture of you.I think you are going have to accept, while you have that aviator and your attitude,you are always going to have a hostile reaction.Actually I was thinking of another time you were attacked concerning LBFM.

We will be flying into Cebu mid feb 08 and taking the boat that evening to Dapitan/dipolog.Where we will stay for 4 weeks.I will be visiting Dumaguete for at least 1 week to explore surrounding areas.
    Yes thanks,I read your last message posted to BP which I found very interesting and will certainly check out when I visit there.

Incidently I also don't like American Imperialism but I wouldn't dare air my views on these forums.

5. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0

6. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Swany,
    there are plenty of members here who's mother language is not english, and who do have problems with following along in some topics or understanding rarely used expressions.
    When I posted that part you quoted, I was not thinking of anyone specific here on the board. example, I do understand the words, but not the sense of humor of this OBL post. maybe I am not educated enough...
    I did and do plenty of mistakes. Most of them tought me something for my life. I am man enough to stand straight for them, and many of them I would do again, cause they were fun...

cheers

Rhoody

7. Swany

Swany DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Rhoody; Thanks for explanation. I got ya! :smile:

8. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Sorry, Zambesi

We do not have the time and nerves for that kind of stuff. Interested members might find the information by themself. So we did had a quick meeting and decided that you can think 1 weeks about what you wanna say.

Justin, for you the same, people wo can read know anyway who you are.

have a relaxing week off the board...

for those members who did not read the (now disapproved) posts, never mind, If you are interested just send Zambezi and Justin a private mail, I am sure the are happy to answer when the ban is lifted again...and they can log in again

and just to remember the topic was :

BEST BEACHES IN THE PHILIPPINES

where some good ideas and inputs of several members are posted already

Rhoody

9. yabs

yabs DI Forum Adept Restricted Account

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I actually find it quite remarkable that in a country with a coastline as long as the phils there are not more beaches
    most have been ruined by excessive tourism and or porr coastal development of buildings and or roads right on the beach
    tajke a tour a round cebu and this is quiet evident
    even Dauin near the santuary has a huge concrete structure going right across the beach which you cannot walk arou nd at high tide
    hoiw thse are allowed to be built begs belief.
    Perfect white sand beaches also seem few and far between
    Sipaly looks nowhere near the next borocay as the sand looks dark brown and not starch white
    Thailand has far fewer islands but far more statrch white sand beaches
    which havn'tr been ruined. Unfortuanately the water and coral has
    If you could combine Thailands beachges with the underwater world of the phils then that would be perfect

10. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12

Sipalay has it's potential to turn like Boracay not in terms of the sandy beach category . It will never ever happen in your lifetime yabs sipalay sands to turn as fine white sandy as those of Boracay . But when this rumoured airport comes to Sipalay ,which will be aimed to cater local and international flights I‘m sure your korean friends will come flocking down its beaches including our growing bulk of chinese cousins visiting from the mainland and the japs,perhaps many Indians too.If this happens,and if progress continuous with uninterrupted pace of infrastructure developments in the area ,most likely Sipalay will go towards being as heavily built like Boracay in the next decade or two.This is only a projection ,which might be the growing trend for this small city .Infact,starting in few months from now, Bacolod will kick start receiving international flight connections from Inchuen Korea.

You tell me yabs if these sipalay seaside pics has dark brown beach .If you say ’ yes’ , sorry , but I guess it’s time for you to see your optician soon or time to change your old discoloured glasses .lol:D

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.