Dumaguete Info Search

Best Beaches in the Philippines - Boracay

Discussion in '☋ Other Destinations in the Philippines and Asia ☋' started by Travel Guide, Nov 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ENIGMA

ENIGMA DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Some of the best beaches in the Philippines in my opinion,are the isolated ones with no road access.These can be located by chatting to the local fishermen and hiring them to take you there.
    We have found some beautiful, white sand,clear water,deserted beaches this way.

2. ENIGMA

ENIGMA DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Some of the best beaches in the Philippines in my opinion are the isolated ones with no road access.These can be located by chatting to local fishermen and hiring them to take you there.
    We have found some beautiful,white sand,clear water,deserted beaches this way.

3. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Agree with this ,beach combing, walking the coastal route and discover your own little beach,even sometimes you have to climbs rocks or swim across mouths of rivers hope no salt water crocs. Personally not keen of a guide , stupid as this may sound , but looking for isolated beaches ,just wander about is an added zest by foot or by boat. It's not like going into the outbacks . In the little philippine islands it's hard to get lost .I like the sipalay area, to explore further up the sipalay hinoba-an stretch away from the developments ,just following the coastline looks interesting , they seem to have little development .Another place to visit none touristy is the south of palawan where muslims are.They have great white fine sandy beaches ,clear water ,no tourism infrastructure when we were there,just little patches of local muslim population ,but might have changed a bit over the yrs.We bumped into this malaysian who had a fishing boat and said he can get us across to malaysia,bit interesting but not sure by the look of his boat though .I bet the southern mindanao coastlines including those sulu islands must have good beautiful beaches,one i heard of in sulu,they said a lot more beautiful than boracay .To be safer , longnoses should keep out of sight, ref. sev'ral western countries' travel advisory.

4. pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Just like to share this photo of us when we were young and free ,no kids hassling , stranded in a tiny uninhabited island off Port Barton,Palawan .

Only bluffing,we're not stranded,went there on purpose ,hired a motor boat from P.barton with all provisions to get us to this uninhabited island.Stayed there for few days,nice weather,humid and hot though,cook our own food , always dine with candle lights with the stars and moon above,no electric , just did little boonfire at night ,whew, hubby did a little fishing ,but put them back as too small to make a descent meal , but nice out there .The sea was like crystal clear all around,and you can actually swim to the next island just very close,at high tide the deepest is only about 8 ft shallow enough to swim across ,however saw few little sharks out there which somehow freak me out .This was done during the month of May,so about the end of the hot season.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is another island site of Palawan ,i'm not advertising here,but i think the site has beautiful pictures of beaches ,so gorgoeus,very secluded,like paradise.I don't think I can survive to live there permanently ,so remote as it looks and far from civilization. But only for a change for few days scenery ,might be worth while.But mind you that part of the country has many little tiny gorgeous uninhabited islands to choose from and can be free for few days transients , it can feel like your own and you can even run around naked if you dare it lols :D .Apparently this island site isn't for free but can be a good treat.
    beach house or villa rental in a tropical island of southeast Asia

Attached Files:

5. ENIGMA

ENIGMA DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Lovely adventure Newt,just the sort of things I enjoy doing.I only wish my wife was more like you.If we ever go anywhere these days in the Philippines,after she's cooked the dinner she's whining to go back to the crowed, air/noise polluted city,she' has always known.

6. pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Enigma,sometimes they said 'opposite attracts' that seem to describe you both then.It's nice to have bit of both though night out in the city and have also some trekking in the countryside as well,nice mixture.You can only try in just tiny doses of adventure might be pleasant ,not rigorous that might come in a shock to her and she'll loathe it forever.Me and hubby tick right though,we are mad pair,we'll do more when we retire and kids out of the nest ,few decades yet though ,hopefully if by that time our old crumbling knees will sustain it.

7. Timn8ter

Timn8ter DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    From the Manila Standard Saturday December 28, 2007
    Torrents, clogged drains bring floods to Boracay

8. tequila

tequila DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i think nice too there...but i want to come and visit in siargao islands...in mindanao....many said its nice also there in siargao islands....

9. tubigboy

tubigboy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Boracay was nice in the late 80's and early 90's. The infrastructure has not kept up with the development of the island. You will notice if you visit Boracay that directly in front of the Red Coconut hotel is the city storm drainage that drains directly into the ocean at white beach. This water is brimming with bacteria. The color of the water is brown, yellow, with a tinge of green. This disgusting water runs out to the ocean and then it runs parallel down the beach and slowly dissipates between boat station 2 & 3. I think this is what is referred to as 'littoral drift.' Anyway, this has been like this for years and nothing has changed. By the way, it also smells really bad in front of the Red Coconut Hotel. I will never go back there until my friends that live there tell me that this has been fixed. Lastly, anyone can get a water sample and say that the water is clean. Depends on whom is getting the sample and who do they work for?

I might also add that the crown of thorns starfish are abundant around the island.

10. balustre

balustre DI Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I first visited Boracay in 1976 when all it had was the lone mansion of the governor and the wide expanse of white sand. I will always cherish that visit because Boracay was yet "undiscovered" so to speak.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.