Dumaguete Info Search

Best Dgte bank for changing Peso to USD ?

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by Bandit, Apr 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bandit

Bandit Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wouldn't want to use those characters standing on the corners by Quezon Park, even though it seems they haven't been arrested yet for duping expats out of money ..

2. just teriffic

just teriffic DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    When I have my peso changed into Dollars or vise versa, I usually go to Optimum Traders.. their office is beside the C and L Building.. Banks usually have lower dollar vs peso rates rates.. Hope I was able to help. :smile:

3. OP
    OP
    Bandit

Bandit Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good info...Can you give me a rough idea where the C&L bldg is? I'm familiar with many areas of Dgte proper, but don't know that bldg.

4. just teriffic

just teriffic DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    C & L suites is the yellow building in front of the Shell Station by the dgte Public market.. Just near the plaza.

Optimum traders is Beside Rural bank of Santa Catalina..which is in front of Columbia Octagon Computer Store (Milagros Builiding> where steds and smart communication is located)..whew!! :D hope that helped!

5. OP
    OP
    Bandit

Bandit Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've gassed up many times at the Shell station :smile: So C&L is across Perdices St from the Shell then?

6. Diver

Diver DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I always go to the money changers at Quezon park and never had any problem and they give me a good price.
    And I always go to the man with the sunglasses,but I always say before I chance the money that I will count it again before there eyes.

Greetings J.Diver

7. OP
    OP
    Bandit

Bandit Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think for the most part I never used the money changers at Quezon Park because they're so annoying when you don't need them as you're trying to make your way through the heat and traffic etc..

8. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    We have used those walking money changers sometime before ,those ones hanging around Quezon park or at the corner of BPI ,we have never experienced being screwed ,but now adays when there are incidents of snatching around dumaguete, doing such under high visibility to potential snatcher must be dodgy business .Any rouges out there desperate of money will risk for 200 pesos and much more if spotted you’re carrying few thousands in cash.

We have tried changing in the Optimum traders ,if I am not wrong that was the one next block down from OK Pension,it was good, you’re feeling more secure ,it also offers better exchange rate .

9. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Money Changers in Dumaguete

I would never use the walking money changers..

Too risky to flash money in public and I would HATE to encourage them to annoy me even more when I am out for a walk...

10. Diver

Diver DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    So you also dont use the ATM of the BPI bank coz that is also in public.

Greetings J.Diver.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.