Dumaguete Info Search

Best Physical Fitness - Eskrima/Arnis Lessons

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by mcarvs, Jul 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcarvs

mcarvs DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi DIers,
    I am glad I found this forum targeted for Metro Dumaguete .
    I just wanted to share this one way of how to become physically fit and at the same time learn techniques of Filipino Martial Arts.
    How that sound to you? Just like hitting 2 birds in one bullet, right?
    But this specific FMA system developed by GM jdcio was hidden for years. Sadly, only few 'elite' dumagueteños have access to this system. I say 'elite' because the practitioners are known local businessmen and politicians. There are also foreign practitioners who have access to this system. These foreigners are also expert of different martial arts- tai chi, muay thai, karate, MMA to name a few. As far as I know, there is a world renowned master of Arnis who was once a practitioner of this system who also kept the system for himself.
    The strange thing happened to most practitioners who have learned the levels of techniques was, they kept the system secret.
    This is completely the opposite of what GM jdcio would want to happen.
    That is the reason why I write this information to all of you DIers.
    Therefore, we will be having an:
    What: ORIENTATION - Registration
    Venue: Lamberto Macias Sports Complex
    Date and Time: to be announce. Hopefully this weekend.

Please reply to this thread anyone who are interested or those who have questions.
    Thanks,
    John
    FYI: I am still in level one but I already feel to keep the system a secret.

2. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Why do they always claim it is a secret. That is really annoying. I have practiced martial arts for years and have never found an instructor, master, sensai who wasn't more than willing to share his knowledge as long as I paid the tuition. I practiced Eskrima at Doce Pares in Cebu under Cacoy back in the early '80s and he wanted to share with the whole world. He held seminars and exhibitions all over America and Australia and wrote a book on it. I believe his son Dennis is the chief instructor now.
    That being said I would like to join you at the sports center. Date and time please.

3. OP
    OP
    mcarvs

mcarvs DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello Kenny,
    Thanks for your interest. The schedule is July 30, Saturday @ 7AM.
    Please bring also all your friends who are also interested.
    Bring also your sticks if you have.
    See you there.
    Regards,
    John
    NOTE: to those who have read this post, you are also invited. Thanks.

4. OP
    OP
    mcarvs

mcarvs DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To give all of you DIers the idea of what our system is, you can check this website.
    De Campo JDC-IO

Enjoy!

5. Gass

Gass DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    so it is about beating somebody up with a billard-cue? :confused:
    I know this art from my late teenager times, but never reached any master degree. Maybe Rhoody can teach the techniques of beer mug throwing

6. OP
    OP
    mcarvs

mcarvs DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Again, we will have a practice/training on the next Saturday, August 6, start at 7AM.

Those who are willing to join, please reply to this post.

If you have any preferred Date and Time, please let me know so we can arrange a training schedule for you.
    Thanks,
    John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.