Dumaguete Info Search

Best place to buy Motorbike?

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by roverman, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    quotes from honda web sites

In China, Sundiro Honda Motorcycle Co., Ltd., one of three motorcycle affiliates in China, recorded healthy sales of the Wave and Jialing-Honda Motors Co., Ltd. unveiled the CB125X, a sports bike with a sharp design that was wellreceived by the market. Sales of three affiliates, including Wuyang-Honda Motors (Guangzhou) Co., Ltd. for calendar 2003 rose 23.3%, to 1,136,000 units.

The growth margin of exports is larger than that of foreign exchange earned

At the same time, China's exports of motorcycles increased rapidly. The exports of 70 producers actually increased 40.64% year on year to 6.4035 million sets, which accounted for 30.11% of the total sales volume, and such a percentage is respectively 15.95, 11.24, 10.33 and 4.45 percentage points more than that in 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005. The top 12 companies in terms of their exportation volume are Loncin, Jincheng Motors Group, Lifan Group, Grand River Group, Zongshen Industrial Group, China Jialing Group, Jinan Qingqi Motorcycle Co., Ltd., Chongqing Jianshe Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd., Sundiro Honda Motorcycle Co., Ltd., Chongqing Yinxiang Motorcycle (Group) Co., Ltd., Guangzhou Dayang Motorcycle Co., Ltd. and Qianjiang Motorcycle Group. Except that Jialing has seen a negative growth rate, all the rest have realized a positive growth rate from several percentage points to dozens of percentages and even a growth rate by times.

2. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Sorry Rhoody, just had to do it.

3. Melvin Tinklehopper

Melvin Tinklehopper Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Those are scooters Sir, do you know the difference between a scooter and a motorcycle?

I guess not.

Hahahaha!

4. Melvin Tinklehopper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Let me help you.....

This is a motorscooter (like you have)

[​IMG]

This is a motorcycle (like real riders like us have)

[​IMG]

Vrooom Baby!

5. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    back to topic

There are two places to buy Motostar here in dmgte. EMCOR San Jose St. I think. and the new dealer I mentioned which is named MSS Motor cycles.

I have priced bikes at EMCOR, They have limited service area, but will negotiate price. I know the owner of Happy Fred's, Terry bought One of the Z-200 racing style bikes for a rental, he is happy,(no pun) I think. These bikes are getting good reviews on motorycle Philippines forum. However not what you are looking for. Emcor sells appliances, computers and everything else.

MSS is new, a dedicated motorcycle shop no appliances. I stopped in today and asked them some questions. They have a spot on the floor for a service area so far, they say they hope to rent a space next door in the future for service.
    They are not stocking the Magnum or Predator right now, these are the cruisers. 150cc and 200cc. They do have a nice looking Off road style 150, many 155cc Tricycle type motor cycles simlar rto the ramstar 150.. Cash price 45,000 P. also the Z-200 and new whizbang 250cc overhead cam balaned motor cafe racer tpe bike.

FYI Motostar is at the top of the Chinese food chain. You would do well to visit Motorcycle Philippines forum to see what real riders are saying.

Motorcycle Philippines - The #1 Motoring Enthusiast Community in the Country - Powered by vBulletin

6. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    RHB..thanks for the info on the Chinese bikes. I've really gone off Chinese products down here due to the poor quality...wonky power tools..other electrical goods that last about as long as the warranty..etc. Don't get me started on Chinese air conditioners....pure garbage...

That said, you've got me intrigued about Chinese motorcycles. Been thinking about taking the hobby up again....but dismissed the Chinese ones because the price was suspiciously too low..and my previous history with that country's products. Starting to have a re-think....

7. OP
    OP
    roverman

roverman DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As driver/owner of the following bikes (in Europe) i hope you will accept me as a real driver.

But i will never drive some of this bikes here in Negros Oriental.. here the smaller and lighter bikes are the better choose...

Cheers

Remco

Attached Files:

8. eddy

eddy DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    nice pictures of your bikes, when I was a kid the dream bike was a vincent, used to see motorbike sidecars in those days in the U.K as for bikes made in china, well you better get used to it, that country is expanding so fast it's economy will dominate the world in this century.

9. Melvin Tinklehopper

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Beautiful bikes Remco!

10. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Well don't get me wrong, generally you do get what you pay for, but lately Chinese products are everywhere disguised with name brand badging, I have followed Chinese manufacturing for about 10 years. I used to work for a company that imported chinese products to North America. At first 10-20% of imported product was bad, throw away or spare parts only. Still it was so cheap you could make a profit.

Today the quality is all over the place, with name brands, clones, and clones of the clones, believe it or not. THat's why it is important to choose a distributor or dealer, or reassembler that backs the bikes they sell, Chinese or Japanese or whatever. And know the junk from the not so junk. It has been dmonstrated that the chinese can produce a reasonably good product for significantly less money than western or Japanese counterparts.
    I believe China is in the position Japan was about 1960, Before that all Japanese product was considered junk, after that they slowly put GM, Chrysler, Ford out of the car bussiness, with higher quality efficient cars. Their electronics speak for themselves.

Would I buy a chinese bike in the U.S. ? absolutely not, but here in DMGTE, for cheap transportation, yes.

By the way Zongshen who is negotiating with Harley Davison, makes some of the Motostar bikes, They are developing a 1000cc 4 cylinder engine. expect to see intersting things in the near future.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.