Dumaguete Info Search

Best place to buy Motorbike?

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by roverman, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Hmmm... reminds me of someone putting stickers over old sell-by dates :D

2. Cyndi

Cyndi DI Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Wow! GREAT info so THANKS! I wish I had this forum BEFORE I made all my mistakes when I lived in the PHL. I did get royally screwed over by buying a USED bike. I was so ignorant about what to buy. I have copied and saved this info for the NEXT time I go.

Negotiate?????? really?? wow.....I just had no idea that you could do that when I bought my new Honda Wave.

Very helpful info for myself & others

• Like Like x 1
  3. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    It Depends on the dealer, In my experience Honda dealers are firm on price.The honda wave is a very good bike, there is no question, but I wanted something slightly different to begin with.
    As I said before, I judge a product on before and after sales service. Not just quality of said product. The way they treat the customer.
    The best is to just ask the last price for cash. sometimes you just have to walk out the door, and they will suddenly have a better price.

Hope my opinions helped, just my experience, YMMV.

4. Melvin Tinklehopper

Melvin Tinklehopper Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Honda Wave, LOL!

Vrooom vrooom!

LOLOL!

5. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Laga-la man ni uban tawu diri sa...

6. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    prog, samkinda

7. Stilo

Stilo DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hi Rhoody, read all your advice and comments, have had a lot of bikes in uk and agree a nice large wheeled bike is great, i had a yamaha 500 twin the last bike, great.i am soon commong again to Duma, so will follow any more comments, thanks again for your info Stilo

8. Chow chow

Chow chow DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I used to have a Honda C 70 in 1984 . Now is this still available new ? How much?

9. India-One

India-One DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    phased out

chow, that honda 70 has been phased-out

10. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    al started here

THe venerable Honda cub started it all in 1958. Look famliar? Wave and all it's clones? Yamaha ,Suzuki, (Rusi still makes a cub clone). all copied the most produced and sold motor bike in the world.
    We all used to rent these and joy ride in the early 60's, then graduated rather abruptly to 650cc Triumphs, Harley sportsters, and eventually Honda came out with the CB 750cc super bike. what the heck, it was quiet, did not leak oil, and blew everything off the road. What was wrong was it had no character, it was too smooth. That percepton changed in time as well. Before you knew it we were all riding Suzuki GS 1100cc hummers. On of my friends became national sales manager for Suzuki USA, another raced flat track oval and achieved national recognition, one a circuit road racer for Suzuki. the rest of us were just hot dog street and off road riders. All this because of the Honda cub.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.