Dumaguete Info Search

Best place to buy Motorbike?

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by roverman, Oct 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    roverman

roverman DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Russi motorcycle shop

It come really close already, only one week still before our next travel to the dumaguete will start :smile:

Where can i find the Russi motorcyle shop?
    Do anybody has a good map of dumaguete for download?

thanks

Remco

2. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Directly across from holy Child Hospital

3. cardijo

cardijo DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Roverman, if you arrive in Cebu you can go to MB´s Tavern and ask about Mikel. He has a motorbike repair shop, not so far from Mactan Community Hospital. He is mostly in big bikes but maybe he knows a secondhand smaller bike for sale. With him works also another German, Kalle, who has a repair shop in Bayawan. He is a real good mechanic. He is parttime with Mikel and parttime in Bayawan.

4. Stilo

Stilo DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    honda wave

:smile: i there, pardon my ingnorance but what's an Hondo wave look like, and what cc. cheers Stilo (bionic man).

5. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    You can quickly google "honda Wave" and get a picture and info im one spot.

Basically it is a step through motorbike 100cc and 125cc versions, it is a direct descendent of the Honda 50cc Cub, the most popular and widely sold motorbike in history.
    There are many "clones" and look alikes, including Yamahas, Suzukis, Kawasakis. The Chinese Filipino versions abound as well, Losin, Lifan, Motor Star, etc. Rusi (Philippine Company) rebadges several brands and does at least provide superior after sales service. typically, all these bikes have automatic shifting and front disk brakes.
    Pay your money take your choice.

RHB

6. Stilo

Stilo DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    thanks for the info RHB. i had the 50cc version in the early sixties, had it for years to go to work, brilliante just change the oil and it went for ever. it was then called the stepthrough.glad its still made.in a bigger cc. cheers, Stilo (bionic man)

7. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Here is the first bike I bought in the Philippines. A dirt bike style 125cc step through design sold by Rusi. I liked it because it offered a slightly fatter rear tire, was better able to go up into the mountains, and had true forks instead of the truncated half forks on the street bikes. Ultimately I found it underpowered and traded it in for a 150cc. I am 6'2" and 95 kilos, with a passnger it had no umph.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.