Dumaguete Info Search

Best schools in dumaguete - high school & BSIT

Discussion in '☋ Education ☋' started by geline, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geline

geline DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi, I am considering Dumaguete as a place to move in because of its popularity as the university town. Good education is important to me for my sons and I would like to ask your suggestions.

Which schools are good in secondary education, especially in terms of Sciences, Sports & Computer tech.? What about the good schools for a college student of BS Info Tech? How much are the tuition per year or sem?

Also, is the medium of instruction in Dumaguete schools English? And what is the majority of the city's dialect, is it Visayan or there are others?

Thank you.

2. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Secondary School that is good in Sciences and sports would be the Dumaguete Science High School. For BSIT courses, you can try Silliman University or St. Paul University.

3. OP
    OP
    geline

geline DI New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi Rarity, thanks for the reply. I take it that Dumaguete Science High School is just like the other Science High Schools which accept only first year high school? I guess government policies are similar to all.

I'm sure Silliman is a great school as it is fourth of the top schools in the phils. I have heard of St. Paul Univ. too, thanks again Rarity :smile: BTW, does Silliman have secondary education. I checked its website I can't find more info on it. Is it also good in terms of athletics? Thanks for any reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.