Dumaguete Info Search

Bethel Hotel

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by The Dane, Nov 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheskaraul

cheskaraul DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mr Cang's? hahahaha I adore that guy, he's such an old softie :wink: whoops! don't let him know I said that.

The bands do cause a lot of noise when there's an event but that's what you get for staying in a hotel right on the boulevard!

2. ViperACR

ViperACR DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I took bottles of gin and lime back to my room at Bethel many times in a plastic bag or backpack... they won't know if you don't leave the bottles in the trash there. Or don't get all drunk and act a fool..

You can step outside and have a cigarette on the Bethel front walkway if you want.

I played piano with Mr Cang senior in the lobby of Bethel back in 1999. I wish they'd bring that piano back down to the lobby..

When we were there in 2004, GMA (Gloria Arroyo) stayed just a few rooms down from us on the third floor during her election campaign tour stop over.

3. vette77

vette77 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My wife son and daughter just stayed at the Bethel and was very impressed, it has large windows over looking the Blvd. and ocean. We have already made reservations to return there next month, They have a buffet that is outstanding, and the staff is very plesent , I can only say that I recomend it as the top place to stay in Dmgte.over any other place we have stayed. They have just last week opened up the new 5th floor rooms

4. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Thanks for the sharing your experience vette .I have seen this buffet meal of Bethel advertised in the Negros Chronicle and quite curious about it . I haven't heard of any buffet meals around Dumaguete or perhaps just missed them out ... thinking of giving it a try later.

5. vette77

vette77 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  6. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Well, well, well..... I have just reserved 3 rooms at Bethel Hotel (as my family will be meeting us in Cebu.) I have considered your views and recommendations which best hotel to stay in Dgte. Thank you guys. See you all soon. We will surely be hanging out in Why Not, Hayahay, Coco Amigos and the Boulevard.:smile:

7. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    THURSDAY B B Q BUFFET at WHY NOT !!

Thursday the why not HAS A ALL YOU CAN EAT BBQ BUFFET FOR 280 p LANG !! I prefer the food of Why Not over Bethel.. But that is just a matter of taste....... If you order Manok Curry at 180 P in W N , it is MORE THEN ENOUGH for atleast two hungry adults...... Ask for a second plate , they don,t mind!!
    Also a goal getter is their Clam ( Australian) and Prawn soup at 120 P...

8. chrissar

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Thanks for this info earlmj. We will surely pop in at Why Not for the BBQ BUFFET. Is this buffet at lunch time or dinner time? And you can't argue with the price either... so, so cheap.

9. earlmj

earlmj DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Itis a DINNER and itn is full loaded with good stuff. inclduing lots of importers sausages , Spare Ribs , Patato salad and so on.. It is the ONLY thing they serve on Thursday evenings.. so NO other MENU available.....

10. chrissar

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Disappointing First Nite Stay@ Bethel

Our plane from HK touched down in Cebu City on the 5th after a long trip from the UK. Stayed 2 nites at Waterfront Hotel, luxuries- money's worth. Drove to Dumaguete and stayed at Bethel Hotel as already reserved 3 rooms for my family as well. Got a queen sized standard room 316 and sad to say, that room is a nitemare. Am just telling you guys not to have this room as the aircon is right on top of the head board and the noise.... not just that its next to the station room and all the fone rings and bell rings for assistance, is a pain.

Aside from that, Bethel is so clean that we will gladly booked again on the 15th but requested a room on the 5th floor. Oh, one more thing the bed was hard. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.