Dumaguete Info Search

Bethel or Palwa

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by Sunabe1, May 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    as for what I know they dont have smokers rooms. Honeycomb has smoker-rooms

cheers

Rhoody

2. von-mark

von-mark DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yeah! its better to save your 1000. Hotel palwa service and people are so nice. We stayed there for 10 days with my fiancee and he was so amazed and appreciate there service.... Besides its best also to do some walking.. It give you more time to see the other side of dumaguete. besides you will still see boulevard if you want to even you stayed in palwa.:smile:

3. OP
    OP
    Sunabe1

Sunabe1 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hotel Nicanor

I've e-mailed Hotel Nicanor but haven't received a response regarding availability/rates. This is unlike Palwa who replys to e-mail requests very quickly. I can't locate a website for Hotel Nicanor to possibly reach them another way. Does anyone have updated contact information?

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Just arrived back in Duma after my 3.5 week trip through the country...

I went to Nicanor this afternoon to tell them about your complaint, and sad to say, that Globe sold them a Internet connection which is not available in Duma :rolleyes:

Welcome to the Philippines....

At the moment they are running through some opening - problems. rooms going from 799 to 2199 Peso

With Palwa,Obdulias and Nicanor there is more than hard competition for Bethel and their surgery-rooms with plastic furniture... They definitely need to adjust, either price or standard.
    ... and of course, rooms with the same Wall-color as DI will always be my favourite :D

I will have updated the Nicanor Site on DI by tomorrow, that you can see most of the specs.

here already some pictures

cheers

Rhoody

Attached Files:

5. The Dane

The Dane DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    That looks like a very nice alternative...

Now if we get the Internet foxed and it's available in every room we might have a winner :smile:

6. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    Rooms look good hehe it's nice to have some friendly competition eh?

7. c_rymz

c_rymz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    you can try and visit this site if you are looking for a place to stay in valencia...i am from valencia...

For further information, please call The Forest Camp at Telephone: +63-35-4234017; Mobile: +63-917-2711806; Facsimile: +63-35-4227027; or visit its website at summer camps mammoth cave dumaguete at theforestcamp.net.

i hope it helps...but if you are looking to rent a room in a house, let me know how long u plan to stay because i can suggest a place in the center of valencia with a room that has a hot and cold shower, plus a/c...

8. Rarity54f

Rarity54f DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Have you checked out Coco Grande? It's a lot, lot better than what I am seeing right now.

9. OP
    OP
    Sunabe1

Sunabe1 DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just to be clear are you saying the Coco Grande is much better than either the Palwa or Nicanor or are you referring to other hotels?

I researched the Coco Grande before but it seems by looking at WikiMapia that it is located fairly removed from the city center/boulevard/night-life...certainly not walking distance. TripAdvisor has two reviews but the pictures don't show the hotel well and I couldn't locate more information or a hotel website.

10. anita

anita DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi where is this place located? Do they have a website? Pics looks so nice. How much is the deluxe family room?
    anita

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.