Dumaguete Info Search

(BI) Clearance Certificate Where to start

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by Tom2bad68, May 24, 2011.

1. Tom2bad68

Tom2bad68 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I have been searching the internet for forms etc to prepare for my 13A visa application. I found the forms and requirements easy enough and I have all the requirements but the BI Clearance Certificate.

Where do I apply for this, at the local office or???

also when I get all this together do I send it to the main office in Manila or to the district office in Cebu?

Thanks

Edit:
    I kept looking and finally located the application for the clearance. Still did not determine where I need to send everything.

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Local BNI

Tom, Just go to the local NBI office at the rear of the National Building. Passport is all that is needed, a few Pesos, go early, pay the Fee, have Photo taken, Wait, and wait and wait :D All done in about 2 hours max. IF! you get a Hit don't Worry, You get your Clearance 7 days later. NO Hit, same day. There are very large Sign boards to tell you what to do and the Guards there are very helpful.

Fill in application form with fingerprints first. Just tell the guard what you need OK:smile:

Jack P.

3. OP
    OP
    Tom2bad68

Tom2bad68 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hi Jack I may need an NBI clearance someday but the one I need is a BI (Bureau of Immigration) Clearance. I did find the form. Guess I will need to call one of the offices to see where the application needs sent.

Thanks for the reply.

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Local Clearance!

Tom, your local Clearance should have been given to you when you did your last Extention.

Jack P.

5. OP
    OP
    Tom2bad68

Tom2bad68 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I entered as Balikbayan so I have not applied for an extension yet but that is good to know. Sounds Like I can just go to the Dumaguette Visa Office and get the clearance. Sound Right to you?

6. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    OK!

Tom! Sorry I had Imagined you had already extended. So Yes, Just go down to the Local BOI and complete the form, you will need 2 copies of date of First entry this trip. 2 copies of passport face page (They will tell you any way, Photo Copy practically next door) 3.030 peso payment and bobs your uncle. The earlier you go, the earlier you can pick it up. I have attached a Cert for you to see, also the OR so you can see the different costs. It may well be you only have to pay, Application, Express, Search and BICC as your year is not up yet. (No extention Required)
    Express 1000p
    Application 500p
    Visa Waiver 1000p
    BI Clearance 500p
    Admin search 30p
    _________
    Total 3.030p

So this can the be added to the 13a Paper work for Submission to Cebu BOI or Manila BOI, Unfortunately i don't think it can be done at Dgte office. One of the others may be able to confirm which is Best. Mine was done In Madrid Embassy. Maybe a Shopping trip to Cebu is in order:D Treat Your lady Overnight :o hope this Clears it all up for you now Tom. :wink:

Jack P.:smile:

Attached Files:

7. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Tom,
    You have to take your wife and all the paperwork to Cebu or Manila. I used Cebu and it wasn't too bad. You can get your BI clearance there when you present your paperwork. A search of the threads on the forum will give you the rest of info you need. I applied last August and got my 13 A in November. You have to do the whole thing over one year later.

8. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Beg to Differ!

:confused:I applied for my 13a in Madrid (SPAIN) in 2009. My wife was 10.000 miles away. All Tom needs is the letter from his wife. His BI Clearance can be done in Dgte. He has to Appear NO WHERE at all. Sorry kenny, bin there and done that. TRUE he will have to do it all again in 1 year but that's Life.:wink:

Jack P:smile:

9. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Sorry Jack. I guess I'm getting old. Can't remember what I did last August. The process of applying for a 13A overseas is slightly different than doing it here. I contacted the Philippine Consulate before I left the Sates and started to assemble the requirements before I decided to do it here. But then again I'm getting old and probably have the whole thing confused.

10. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    No need for sorry!

Kenny, if your both in the Us then, maybe, they would have called for your wife. The letter from your wife tells all, to the BOI. And this has to be Notorised in the PI. No letter, then personal Appearance. I am sure Tom, will have all the requirements. Any way, not to worry, These Visa things have, SO may conatations, we all get confused.:smile: lets just wish him well, on his application.:wink:

Jack P.:smile: