Dumaguete Info Search

(BI) Clearance Certificate Where to start

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by Tom2bad68, May 24, 2011.

1. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Good Luck Tom.

2. OP
    OP
    Tom2bad68

Tom2bad68 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Update : the local BI office will refused to accept my BI Clearance. He said it was required to appear in Cebu or Manila for an interview. I will have Judita call the office in Cebu to see if he is blowing smoke

3. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Local BI Clearance

Tom! I did post that this could not be done at the local BOI. 13a Visa's are a National issue not, Local. Can I ask if you have indeed, got your BI Clearance locally. This was the Subject of your original post :wink: As for a personal Apperance, well they make up the Rules to suit. Hope it all goes well from Now, if you got the Clearance.:smile:

Jack P.

4. OP
    OP
    Tom2bad68

Tom2bad68 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    No he refused to accept my application for a BI clearance.

5. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Tom,
    Assemble all your documents and make at least 3 copies of everything including the pages in your passport put it in a folder (yes they require a folder). Take the (3AM) bus to Cebu and a taxi to Immigration in Mandauay. If you are real lucky you will be done by lunch if not you will have to go back in the afternoon. Bring a book and go with the flow. It's their dance and they call the tunes. When your 13A is approved (probably a few months) you will have to return to apply for a new ACR and when that is issued (you can call to check) you or your authorized representative will have to go and pick it up. If your Balik Bayan visa expires while your paperwork is being processed you will have to renew it as a tourist. This can be done in Dumaguete.

It seems like a lot but I just looked at the trips as a chance to shop in Cebu. It may be different for you but this pretty much covers what I remember from Last August.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    What can I say!

:smile: Great post Kenny.:wink:
    I am sure that you will have 2 happy customers!

Jack P.:smile:

7. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Eyes Front.

Sorry to hear this Tom, Keep your eyes on Kennys latest in-put, it will have answers for you. Hope it turns out well in the End.:wink:

Jack P.:smile:

8. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    An old post

Sorry, I don't know how to post a link to it so I copied the post I made in August right after returning from Cebu.

13a visa process
    I just got back from applying for my 13a visa in Cebu and thought I would share my experience. The first thing I have to say is that Immigration is a lot more pleasant to deal with than years ago.
    I brought all the things that were listed on the B of I web site and thought I was good to go. I had 2 copies of my application and wife’s petition letter duly notorized. Wrong you need 3 copies. I had 1 copy of my passport pages. Wrong, you need 2. You need a photo copy of your marriage license and wife’s birth certificate along with the official copies. I only had the originals. I had applied to extend my tourist visa but as I am here more than 14 months the app. Had to go to Manila and wasn’t back in time so my chop in the passport was out of date.

I went to the immigrant visa window and the lady there pointed out all the shortcomings and advised me to go see Attorney Abellan on the second floor. I assumed this was the gotcha moment and climbed the stairs dreading what this was going to do to my wallet. In the attorney’s office I met several other people from Dumaguete who were having a problem of one sort or another. The attorneys desk was total chaos and my pile of paperwork was added to the pile. After a few minutes he dug into it and sent his assistant off to get the missing photocopies. Just a few pesos copy fee. In short order he had a package put together for me with everything except the out of date tourist visa taken care of. A little hassle with the visa extension lady (she was actually quite pleasant) I was sent to the third floor to be interviewed by the chief investigator. When I explained the situation he chopped the passport and I went back to the first floor to pay the normal visa extension fee. Back to the attorney‘s office on the second floor and everything came to a halt for lunch.

We returned at 1:30 and started to be shuffled from window to window on the first floor. The attorney facilitated the process and I soon had my application accepted.

We arrived at 10am and were through by 3m. As best I can tell I was charged an extra 1000 pesos but couldn’t swear to it and it was well worth it

I am told that if you have everything perfect you can just submit your paperwork with the lady on the first floor get your clearance and pay your fees. In and out in a couple hours. If your like me, all messed up, don’t sweat it. The place is air conditioned, Bring a book and just go with the flow.

I have to go back to get my ACR when the application is approved. I’ll let you know how that goes.