Dumaguete Info Search

Bike Question & Recommendation

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by PatO, Nov 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronv8917

ronv8917 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    And as only a side note.....my Harley in Texas cost about 1.3 million pesos and got about 40 miles to the gallon (fuel injected). My Rouser cost 94,000 pesos and gets about 110 miles per gallon. Hummmmm......

2. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Ron, good idea about possibly renting a bigger bike to try it out, if they have it here. I checked on putting larger tires on my Nuovo but I am limited to only the next size up which wouldn't make that much of a difference, due to the fenders and other construction. I went and sat of a couple of bikes yesterday. It appears to downshift, I need to use my left heal, is that correct? My problem is I tore my calf muscle playing racketball years ago and have difficulty pushing down on my heal but not pushing down with my toes! I assume that could be a problem...
    Which corvette did you have? My friend had a '63 split window classic. In my 911 (non-turbo), I raced a BMW M3 (couple years newer than my 911) for a long block and was surprisingly soundly beaten.

3. bikerguy

bikerguy DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    wanna drag with my xr?? :D

4. ronv8917

ronv8917 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    The Rouser shifts like all Harleys, neutral, one-down and four-up, no heel shift at all. All done with your toes.
    I'm guessing here, but try "Island Tours" and see if they are the ones that rent Rousers.
    My Corvette was a 1981 and my Porsche was a 944 turbo 1984. I fully restored both, which means I lost a ton of money on both. I just like classic sports cars.
    Just because you have the power and ability does not mean that you race everyone that
    comes along. And a lot of time it is only driver ability that wins races.

5. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Experts opinions requested please?
    Kawasaki 175 Barako B - 4-stroke 175cc - with electric starter business model manual trans
    Looked at this bike at the Yamaha dealer today. It is small and low to the ground which might be a good starter bike to advance to from my Nuovo. p85,000.
    Looks like a smaller version of Manzanita's big bike. Thanks

6. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    TONS of those bikes used as trikes and habal habal's. They are made to take a beating and can be repaired by just about any bike mechanic on a hillside. I see them all over, both on and off road when i'm riding....

7. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    another suggestion for you to investigate is what's called a "maxi-scooter". Suzuki Skywaves come in a 400cc and a 650cc. Yamaha Tmax's come in a 500cc.

I rode all three before I bought chose which one I wanted. The suzuki handlebars are very close together and I felt like I was on a pony ride. I much preferred the feel of the yamaha tmax and that's what I bought.

I now have 19,000km on mine and it's flawless. I bought it in Pampanga and have driven it everywhere. It's got foot rails, not foot pegs. It's fully automatic, there is no shifting at all. It's got some rain protection (and rocks) as the fairing wraps around. It's a big scooter at 230kilos dry weight. But, very fast witht he 500cc engine in it.

I added a Givi 52ltr back box to mine and just leave it on nearly all the time. When I travel I have two 20liter side bags, one 12 liter tunnel bag and one 35liter roll bag. That gives me 139liters of storage...and I still haven't even counted the big space under the seat. Plenty of storage for 2 riders to go 2 weeks. And, the gas tank hold 14liters and I average 20km per liter when traveling.

[​IMG]

New at Caloocan Sales: 585,000 pesos
    Used is good condition: 300,000 +/-

I love mine! If you wanna sit on one to see what it feels like, let me know. Mine isn't for sale but it would give you an idea.

Mark

8. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Pat, big Kawasakis are now available in Dumaguete, I suggest getting one of the KLR250's.

[​IMG]

Heres the KLR 250:
    [​IMG]

I suggest you check out getting one of those, invest in a good set of boots and gloves, and do a little trail riding.
    That will give you a chance to really get some good practice in without having the danger of getting run over if you dump it.

:cool:

9. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Thanks Mark. I am looking for a bike that can get me from Bacong to the Dgte gym when I move next month. I did go to Honda and saw their red and white RX 200. My problem with that one, and the same for a bike like yours, is I had my hips smashed and cannot lift either leg high enough to get up on it, so I need a low rider or stick with the Nuovo. Btw, how comfortable is an off road bike on the hiway? Meanwhile, at one of the guy's suggestion, I put the largest tires on my Nuovo possible today and will see how that works. The Rouser got some good comments from the DI guys, if there is one in Dgte, I will have a look. Thanks

10. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Beautiful bike, too big and expensive for me. Btw, Manzanita is also a Mark, hope I didn't confuse anyone. Thanks again for sharing the great pictures.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.