Dumaguete Info Search

Bike Question & Recommendation

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by PatO, Nov 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Anyone have any idea how much they go for?

2. PangitPilot

PangitPilot DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Mark, where did you get the saddle bags, and accessories. I have a YBR125 and want to put bags and possibly a box on it for storage when I travel.
    Cheers
    Mark

3. bikerguy

bikerguy DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Pat,

the upright position and the wide handlebar makes you catch alot of wind when riding above 60km an hour, so for hours of cruising at 80 (this is a normal cruising speed in asia considering u-turning cars and bikes, drunk people crossing the street, group of dogs fighting and crossing the street) it is not that suitable

BUT there is a good reason why they are selling XR's here in PI and not in Thailand.......the road sux most of the time! coz of its supple suspension an offroad gives great comfort and , with regard to those potholes, safety!!

take the roads from bacong to valencia and you know what i mean :D

just PM me if you want to try

4. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    Big KawA 250

Mark, is yours a KLR250? If so, I think it sits up too high for me. If you get a chance to come by, I would sit on it for sizing. What is your opinion of the Rouser? Thanks

5. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Mine were all brought to me from England. I bought them on Ebay. These here are very similar to the ones I have:
    TECH7 EVOLUTION EXPANDABLE MOTORCYCLE PANNIER BAG SET on eBay (end time 01-Dec-10 06:51:03 GMT)

The Givi boxes and mounting plates can be bought locally at Motoworld. Don't expect them to have a single replacement part in stock. Service as you would expect here in our host country. :: Motoworld Philippines ::

After using my Givi monokey 52 liter for well over 2 years now and seeing so many others I would buy ONLY Givi. They sell for a premium as you would expect for quality. But, watertight, easy to use and well made. One key unlocks the box as well as removes it off the bike. One handle lets you carry it just like a piece of luggage. I have the optional brake light, Givi mounting bracket, top rack and back rest; All sold as accessories.

givi 52 items - Get great deals on Vehicle Parts Accessories, Luggage items on eBay UK!

Hope that helps,
    Mark :-)

6. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    A pride and Joy!

:smile: Pat! many do not like the maxi Scooter but just check out the Sym Site and I think you may be surprised at this bike. Taiwan built, Honda powered and at 300i cc it will go anywhere. I had the 250 for a long time and I was more than happy. as Chrislyn is small and the rear seat is high you will end up the same height sat on it, the centre of gravity is very good and road handling is better for the 16 in wheels that can be an alternative.

Just a thought if you have not made a decision yet.

Jack P.

Attached Files:

7. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    I think I've decided on what I REALLY want. A Kawasaki KLR650!

[​IMG]

8. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    In My dreams!

:eek: KDF! if only,

9. ReBelBiKeR

ReBelBiKeR DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

if you want a workhorse and dont go for looks that much then this is what you buy, or the honda tmx 155... very sturdy, lots of AFFORDABLE parts, and lots of mechanics who's been doing the job for minimum 15 years. :D

but still -- at combined pax weight of 120kgs (without the sidecar!), and speeds of about 80-140kph -- the kawasaki rouser (street setup), kawasaki ninja 250 (sportbike setup), yamaha fz16 (street), honda cbr 150 (sportbike) are still my choices but thats stricly on road im afraid.

for a china-bike option, id say motorstar xplorer z200 or z250 (street setup). this is the longest and strongest selling of the 200cc china bikes that have been in circulation. parts and engine design are identical to that of the tmx 155.

but its really up to you. might you want the dirt bike style bikes then i'd still suggest putting slicks on them. knobbies are really troublesome at high speeds on the pavement -- thats by experience btw. this would be cool...

but still, the seat height problem's still there... anyway good luck!

[​IMG]

10. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Jackp.....you see on that pic you posted where the guys knees are...you see the handlebars location? That's a pony ride...not a maxi-scooter. I know he must have been screaming "giddyup" inside his helmet! hahah

Ok, all fun aside. Quite a few of Syms on the road in Manila as they are affordable for local inner-city. They depreciate quickly with repairs and are sold at tempting discounts on motorcyclephilippines website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.