Dumaguete Info Search


⌛ Bike Question & Recommendation

Discussie in '☋ General Chat ☋' gestart door PatO, 6 nov 2010.

Topicstatus:
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
  1. OP
    OP
    PatO

    PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

    Berichten:
    6.202
    Trofeepunten:
    451
    Ratings:
    +4.678 / 1.020
    Thanks Jack, good looking big scooter. I wonder where you would find one here?
    I saw a cool looking red Rouser at McDonald's today, I like the looks. I put a fatter tire on my Nuovo rear wheel and ended up with a blown interior, I guess the tube expanded with the extra room, so I went tubeless. I think I will pursue a Rouser.
     
  2. OnMyWay

    OnMyWay DI Senior Member

    Berichten:
    873
    Trofeepunten:
    0
    Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Cebu or Bacolod would be my bet for closest location. motorcyclephilippines website would be a good starting point for those selling them....
     
  3. OP
    OP
    PatO

    PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

    Berichten:
    6.202
    Trofeepunten:
    451
    Ratings:
    +4.678 / 1.020
    Fyi, there is a red Honda RX 200 on display at Robinson's Mall.
     
  4. ronv8917

    ronv8917 DI Senior Member

    Berichten:
    650
    Trofeepunten:
    0
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    My Kawasaki Rouser 200 before I added the decals and pinstripes. In the background is the Honda 125 wave that i bought when i first got here and gave to my father-in-law.
    I have since added American and Texas flags to both sides. pinstriped it in white, and added a Japanese "saying" on the front windscreen. I can't post the picture of the Japanese saying because someone on this site may be able to read Japanese, but it is cute.......when people ask, I say that it says "peace and love" (it doesn't).
    For a rocket style bike, it is fast, manuverable, responsive and has gotten me out of trouble at least 4 times now.
     

    Bijgevoegde bestanden:

  5. Manzanita

    Manzanita DI Forum Patron

    Berichten:
    1.221
    Trofeepunten:
    0
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Question: Why is riding a scooter like making love to a fat lady?
     
  6. OP
    OP
    PatO

    PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

    Berichten:
    6.202
    Trofeepunten:
    451
    Ratings:
    +4.678 / 1.020
    Haha Mark, that is definitely not a one word yes or no answer. :D
     
  7. Broadside

    Broadside DI Forum Patron

    Berichten:
    1.228
    Trofeepunten:
    0
    Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    hahaha. Maybe because they respond slowly, they roll around without too much control, you eventually get to where you want to be but the ride is never comfortable, and when you finish the ride you'd rather leave it in the garage than be seen with it !!!:D:D:D
     
  8. Manzanita

    Manzanita DI Forum Patron

    Berichten:
    1.221
    Trofeepunten:
    0
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Good responses guys but I've got one more...

    Riding a scooter is like making love to a fat lady because.....

    Both are a lot of fun until your friends find out!
     
  9. ronv8917

    ronv8917 DI Senior Member

    Berichten:
    650
    Trofeepunten:
    0
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Manzanita....you are sooooo very right. I think it was PatO that said earlier he could see me, the Harley biker for 45 years on a Honda Wave 125. As I said there are NO pictures of me on it.
    At least with my Rouser, I am not ashamed to have pictures taken or for my biker friends in the US to find out.
    I came here with dozens of Harley t-shirts from all over the US and world. I have given them all away to people here. They think they are great.
     
  10. ronv8917

    ronv8917 DI Senior Member

    Berichten:
    650
    Trofeepunten:
    0
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    And just because I like showing these, this WAS my "Big Red" in Houston Texas (and me)
    Being Texas/USA proud I had personalized license plates on it.
    A 2005 Harley-Davidson Super Glide Custom
    Twin-Cam 88 cu.in. 1450cc, 5 speed
    Dyno tested at 93 horsepower (after modifications) - top speed "unknown"
     

    Bijgevoegde bestanden:

Topicstatus:
Niet open voor verdere reacties.
Laden...