Dumaguete Info Search

Bike Question & Recommendation

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by PatO, Nov 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Thanks Jack, good looking big scooter. I wonder where you would find one here?
    I saw a cool looking red Rouser at McDonald's today, I like the looks. I put a fatter tire on my Nuovo rear wheel and ended up with a blown interior, I guess the tube expanded with the extra room, so I went tubeless. I think I will pursue a Rouser.

2. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Cebu or Bacolod would be my bet for closest location. motorcyclephilippines website would be a good starting point for those selling them....

3. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Fyi, there is a red Honda RX 200 on display at Robinson's Mall.

4. ronv8917

ronv8917 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    My Kawasaki Rouser 200 before I added the decals and pinstripes. In the background is the Honda 125 wave that i bought when i first got here and gave to my father-in-law.
    I have since added American and Texas flags to both sides. pinstriped it in white, and added a Japanese "saying" on the front windscreen. I can't post the picture of the Japanese saying because someone on this site may be able to read Japanese, but it is cute.......when people ask, I say that it says "peace and love" (it doesn't).
    For a rocket style bike, it is fast, manuverable, responsive and has gotten me out of trouble at least 4 times now.

Attached Files:

5. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Question: Why is riding a scooter like making love to a fat lady?

6. OP
    OP
    PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Haha Mark, that is definitely not a one word yes or no answer. :D

7. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    hahaha. Maybe because they respond slowly, they roll around without too much control, you eventually get to where you want to be but the ride is never comfortable, and when you finish the ride you'd rather leave it in the garage than be seen with it !!!:D:D:D

8. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Good responses guys but I've got one more...

Riding a scooter is like making love to a fat lady because.....

Both are a lot of fun until your friends find out!

9. ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Manzanita....you are sooooo very right. I think it was PatO that said earlier he could see me, the Harley biker for 45 years on a Honda Wave 125. As I said there are NO pictures of me on it.
    At least with my Rouser, I am not ashamed to have pictures taken or for my biker friends in the US to find out.
    I came here with dozens of Harley t-shirts from all over the US and world. I have given them all away to people here. They think they are great.

10. ronv8917

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    And just because I like showing these, this WAS my "Big Red" in Houston Texas (and me)
    Being Texas/USA proud I had personalized license plates on it.
    A 2005 Harley-Davidson Super Glide Custom
    Twin-Cam 88 cu.in. 1450cc, 5 speed
    Dyno tested at 93 horsepower (after modifications) - top speed "unknown"

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.