Dumaguete Info Search

Black out and generators

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by akis51, Jul 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talibong

Talibong DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am 50% off grid here in Manila using solar power. I can perhaps help anybody who wish to go green and reducing their carbon footprints.

If you are in Manila and you need Solar Panels, deep cycle batteries, inverter or wind generator just let me know. I have seen brand new 900 watts genset here that cost around 3.5 to 4k, but I don't recommend that.

2. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Deep cycle batteries? What brand? Where are the solar panels made? U.S. or China? Dealer or distributor name in the Metro Manila area? I know of someone who may be VERY interested. Please tell me more!

3. Talibong

Talibong DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Knowdafish-

Check this link Solarmaster - Deep Cycle Batteries

The factory don't sell batteries retail, but I can hook you on my local dealer. You can choose 40, 70, 100 to 120 ampere hour capacity. I think they also have 200 ah. All are acid type the gel type is only up to 24ah so far.

This is what I am using local made ;-) for the panels there are a few stores around Sta. Cruz area... Ace the name of the store the others are difficult to recall Chinese names. I am using Chinese made panels, controller and sinewave inverter. Now if you want Siemens, BP or Kyocera etc. panels I know somebody from Paranaque and Laguna who localy assembles.

4. AndyG

AndyG DI Member Admin ★ Forum Moderator ★ ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Showcase Reviewer Blood Donor

Web developer
    Ratings:
    +124 / 1
    Blood Type:
    A-
    A brownout is so called because filament bulbs used to go brown under low power (not a total loss of power). The term has been adopted as a local (not total) loss of power here i.e. a street or barangay. A blackout is when the whole city goes dark.
    Maybe they should rename the "brownout" to a "greenout" due to the residual phosphorus charge in fluorescent bulbs when the power goes :smile:

5. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    Thanks for the info! Much appreciated!

6. OP
    OP
    akis51

akis51 DI Junior Member

Pensioner
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0