Dumaguete Info Search

Bohol Bee Farm

Discussion in '☋ Apo - Siquijor - Bohol ☋' started by wak-wak, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wak-wak

wak-wak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    While in the process of researching things to do for my trip I came across this. I read they have a nice restaurant. Sounds good for the end of a day trip.

Looks like some nice rooms and theme for their activities.

Any have experiences with anything here?

Bohol Bee Farm Official Website; Welcome!

2. Timn8ter

Timn8ter DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    I've not been there but it certainly looks like a business worth supporting!

3. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    I haven't been there either...have heard of it though...and all good. Have to drop by next time there...the food pictures convinced me!!

4. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    I think this place is expensive . The room with a view is nicer but I can't see me paying at least P3000 -6000 for a room on a BEE FARM? I guess ,i am just too skint .But it's nice if we can get more than just a bee farm, together with other places of interest nearby apart from the beach.I don't know with other people ,but If we go on holiday,we don't just stay , sleep ,eat and poo in the hotel all day and on ,we go on activities ,do sight seeings ,and hotel is a place to wind down at night and drift off til the next morning.I don't mind paying the price or more in one or two nights of places with more you can get ,like a medieval / ancient town ,examples like pavements lined with cobbled stones ,ancient ,historic buildings, a place with unique aura everywhere that will take and overwhelm ... like one place i really loved in Greece, was Monemvasia , super! Rooms are expensive in price ,but you have choices to stay in renovated ancient houses tracing back to the Byzantine era where lot of this historic massacres happen,the houses and the village meant to retain it's old ancient effects in the outside,even in the inside too,the curtains etc.We stayed 3 nights ,though expensive ,it's well the money's worth.I like that.
    £30-60 (equivalent to Bohol Bee farm ) a night isn't much,you can stay in a travel lodge in england for that normal price .But this is the Philippines .Thailand is a lot cheaper than the philippines in terms of hotels with best value as well .You can find wide range of hotels fit for hollywood celebrities ,billionaires ,and hotels fit for a budget traveller at better deals.I think the Philippines should learn the Thai way.

If I do business like that,I'll do it a lot cheaper to draw range of people and better value accomodations ,for only just a bee farm and a sea side view? I can't even see a swimming pool,or maybe I missed it.

5. OP
    OP
    wak-wak

wak-wak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I only have it in mind for a visit for part of a day.

I read from another forum this would make a good day trip:

"Then rent a motorbike for P100/hour and bike to Hinagdanan Cave, Panglao Church then the Bee Farm/Resort/Spa and have dinner there just before dusk, it’s a really nice and romantic place (I guarantee the girls will LOVE it)."

It sounds like a good place to end a day trip.

6. pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    If given the chance to in Bohol and visiting near the area ,perhaps we will do the same idea like you said wak wak.Apart from what I relatively thought overpriced accomodations in Bohol Bee Farm,it's nice to know this info of an alternative place in Bohol. Thanks for sharing wak.

7. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    yeh don' stay there pickled newt, you will get stung :D

8. OP
    OP
    wak-wak

wak-wak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That just made me think something.

What if someone visiting is allergic to bee stings, but doesn't know. :eek:

Regarding my quote above.......I have never driven a bike before. Will see how that goes.

9. pickled_newt

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    Driving a bike is fun but just be careful when you are in Philippine roads,because there are many people on their wheels who haven't pass their driving lessons ,the worse is who haven't even had any driving lessons and roads filled with driving lunatics who knows no rules.
    Another is pedestrians who think they own the roads,sitting happily by the roadside despite of heavy traffic or think the roads are extension to their front gardens.:eek: really crazy.

10. OP
    OP
    wak-wak

wak-wak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I definitely know this after driving many times at night between Duma and Dauin. Idiots walking in the street at night wearing dark clothes. :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.