Dumaguete Info Search

Breakfast

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by sfgb35, Jun 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Aaaahhh!!! proper baked beans, a.k.a. musical fruit. :D

2. OP
    OP
    sfgb35

sfgb35 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dissappointment

Be prepared for dissappointment, my gf had a ham and egg sandwich, and it was made with fake ham...... at least my tuna was real......I dont expect the 'bacon' to be real bacon but hey come saturday i will be there !!!

3. Fozzboy

Fozzboy DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, i have escaped from the UK also!!!, proper baked beans where ?.I have heard you can get Heinz ones in Cebu , but maybe someone is just teasing us Brits!!.

Alan, Forever Blowing Bubbles !, bring on Millwall haha :eek:

4. OP
    OP
    sfgb35

sfgb35 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its true, Rustans in the basement of the Ayala will sell u a tin of Heinz Baked Beans for 136php (i think) And also Guinness Draught in a can !! :smile:

5. jimeve

jimeve DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Army

retired.
    Ratings:
    +1,856 / 1,026
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Crikey, that's about £2 a tin. I sent some Heinz beans ahead of me once, in a balikbayan box, but the box got crushed and some tins were squashed too.:(

6. OP
    OP
    sfgb35

sfgb35 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Funny But Sad

I did chuckle when i read about your beans getting squashed, but then i was sad, its very tragic !! haha.......

Yep £2, but it was worth it......my gf couldn't understand me as a savoured every mouthful

I have a real treat weekend, Formula One on tv, beans and Guinness !!

7. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    Baked beans and Guinness ?? Together ?? You are one guy to avoid the following morning, as the wind will blow long, loud and not very sweet. :D

8. OP
    OP
    sfgb35

sfgb35 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dissappointed

As i suspected the Breakfast Platter in Cafe Cuppresso, was disappointing. 135php for three pathetic pieces of american bacon, one egg and a pitiful small saucer of beans (not pictured 'couldn't be bothered to take pic of a small saucer of beans') and half a fried tomato. Not worth the money......Certainly not the thing i was hoping for....

However, to end on a high note; Bong the Bar manager in Kamalig, said he would try and find Heinz Baked beans for me...and also think about a Full English breakfast after i talked with him last night.......Not sure if he fully understood me but i will keep trying to impress upon him that its a good meal to do...even if its just for me, Broadside and Jimeve . . . :D :cool:

Attached Files:

9. Fozzboy

Fozzboy DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bliss hey where do you live .............................haha

i may go and buy some but Juliet will hit the roof at that price ...never mind!:D:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.