Dumaguete Info Search

Breakins Dauin area?

Discussion in '☋ Expat Section ☋' started by Nehalennia, Jun 25, 2011.

1. Nehalennia

Nehalennia DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I was away for a couple of weeks, and since getting back have heard several stories of recent major breakins in the Dauin area - homes having been ransacked while the residents were sleeping. Anyone have more information on this?

2. sfgb35

sfgb35 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My friend lives in Zambo his house was broken into and they took everything of value, he was away at the Zambo fiesta, so they were watching the house . . . Dont know if thats related to the Dauin breakins?

3. Relayer

Relayer Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a friend watching my place, 4 legs and about a million teeth... LAND SHARK!!!

4. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126

And thick as a brick~:cool:

5. Relayer

Relayer Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was walking my dog and out of nowhere a 100lbs plus Rott came running at us. After I totally crapped my diapers and regained my composure I stepped between them (think a mother protecting its cub) and this big MFer just wagged his tail and wanted to play. Talk about a gentle giant... thank god. Made me think of your nice friend Ron.

6. OnMyWay

OnMyWay DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    Dauin area being hit real hard right now. Apartments and houses all targets. Even hit a judges house.

Appears the suspects have zero fear as they even strike when people are home. Victims wake up in the morning to their place ransacked and drawers all open. In one case, the burglars even sat at the dining table and ate a bowl of spaghetti out of the fridge. Another situation, the burglars sat on the patio of the house, drank bottled water from the fridge and went through the belongings and only taking things they wanted, leaving unwanted items on the patio.

Some have suggested that the suspects use ether in the victims windows or aircon units to put the victims into a deep sleep.

7. SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    So far, most of the burglaries I have heard about find the culprits entering thru unlocked doors or windows.

REALLY ?

8. SurfinUSA

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Are portable alarms for sale in town? A battery operated? device you can point in a certain direction inside your house and its' built in siren will go off if someone crosses in front of it while you're sleeping?

9. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Robinson's hardware has a few different motion sensor alarms, but not sure if they are A/C or D/C.
    Ron

10. SurfinUSA

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Handyman Hardware at the mall is out of stock on those alarms until July or ....?