Dumaguete Info Search

Brisbane-Australia to Dumaguete - First-time Traveler.

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by Brian Oinks, Jun 1, 2012.

1. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    You are right Rhoody, for a moment there, finding this site and realising I may find the answers to my questions, I did allow the excitement of the moment to get the better of me, with a moment of hind sight reflection; I have landed on my feet again and will now begin the plan, A to Z if need be so that I can get as much done before leaving Australia.

One thing I am not shy about is too discuss is my position; (especially to the young and carefree kids who are invincible)
    I am 51 now, but at 23 I was involved in a Head-on accident with a combined impact speed of 180kph, I was on a Motorbike and the Car ended up pushing me 4 Car lengths back from the point of impact, breaking my right arm above the elbow and right wrist, snapped my leg where it comes out of my hip (still broken to this day unable to heal) tore my right hip from the pelvic bone and ended with the car parking with the front wheel on top of me crushing my pelvic bone from hip to hip, when the lady reversed off of me ol Jimmy and the Twins met up with Mr. Dunlop Radial and to rub salt into the would when said Dunlop was parked on Jimmy and the twins; she turned the wheel full lock on the Bitumen to clear the Ute parked behind her grinding my little [FONT=&quot]buddy’s[/FONT] into the Bitumen.

Damage done means I am going to the Philippines for an entirely different reason I would say 'most Tourists' go there for... :rolleyes:

So things like romantic weekends away have a different slant for me, although there is always more than one way to skin a Cat, it is most certainly not at the forefront to my visiting the Philippines... So I still have plenty of time to save and plan, but so far the advice has been tremendous in the short time I have been a Member here, I really look forward to meeting some of you guys when I finally arrive there... Cheers. :smile:

2. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    This is what I was hoping Garbonzo, and I am positive I saw the Brisbane to Manila Direct Flights advertised somewhere? May have been the Tourist centre at my local Shopping centre? I would love to travel on a reputable service after watching the reality shows on TV showing up the smaller discount flight mobs, Tiger? Not on your Nelly!

I know what you guys are saying about 'the one', yes been there, more than once, after 2 1/2 years I never thought my 'good little christian girl' would end how it did the way it did, so I do plan on doing some mixing with the locals (Aussies Yanks Poms etc) even if I do not touch alcohol anymore due to Kidney problems and the Pain killers I am on for the broken leg and bone pains, which is another bridge I need to cross; as some of my medication is under strict Government supply only, so I do not want to rattle the local Police when they hear me dragging a month's plus of medication in its own suit case behind me as Ihobble along... :rolleyes:

3. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Sorry about the delay in replying guys, I did try several times earlier in the night to reply to the above posts, but was continually booted from the site leading to some Gateway 404 Problem saying I did not have any rights or something along those lines, I was beginning to think I had broken a Forum Rule before even getting started... O-xI

All is good now it appears... :smile:
    Oh Philippines Internet; IS there 'reliable Internet access' there around Maluay/Dumaguete? :confused:

4. Vicmico

Vicmico DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Brian,

not to confuse you with any more info, but since you're Aussie try the Swagman website: The have hotels in Manila and other places, arrange for your transportation from and to the airport (Ninoy Aquino) and a lot of other fringe benefits for Australian citizens (I like their place in Manila as it is right around the corner from my favorite hotel and they serve a killer cold SMB).
    Good luck.

Vicmico

5. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Thanks I will keep that in mind, Melinda is positive she can stay at her Sister's House in Paranaque City.
    Is Ninoy Aquino Airport the Airport I would land at if coming from Australia?

SMB = San Miguel Beer?:confused:
    How does it compare to XXXX?
    I am not allowed to drink but I am sure a Shandy wouldn't kill me... :smile:hehe

Cheers :smile:

6. Survivor Adik

Survivor Adik DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Sorry this should be without staying overnight and without transferring terminals in Manila... you just have to go up to domestic departure from arrival.

7. OP
    OP
    Brian Oinks

Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    What is the Web site you use to find these Flight times Survivor Adik?

I assume thatis Qantas flying Brisbane to Melbourne?
    Are there Direct Flights Brisbane to Manila (Ninoy Aquino) Airport?
    I know my girl would like to stay at her Sisters a few days with her Daughter which is fine for me as I have some Fili friends I would love to see while I am in Manila... :smile:

Cheers Survivor Adik :smile:

8. Survivor Adik

Survivor Adik DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    ^^

Yes, its Qantas between Brisbane and Melbourne.

I use amadeus.net

9. Vicmico

Vicmico DI Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Hi Brain,

yes, NAIA (Ninoy Aquino International Airport) is the airport you'd be arriving at when flying to Manila, and SMB is indeed San Miguel Beer. How it compares to XXXX I couldn't tell you if my life depended on it - I'm used to Heineken...

Good luck on planning and making your trip, and let this forum know how you got on, OK?

Vicmico

10. vic

vic DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, there are flights, direct, from Brisbane to Manila, I have done it, but not sure how often they schedult.