Dumaguete Info Search

Brit man Facing 7 years in rat infested filipino jail

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by pickled_newt, Jan 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timn8ter

Timn8ter DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    :D

No disagreement here!

2. josephen

josephen DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    It seems that our peterwoo here is the one who lives in a very small, remote world.

3. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 230
    Faith Hope and Charity are basic Christian beliefs, my first impression, on my first visit to Philippines in 2001 was without it what would the majority of people do.There is always corruption where ever there is power what ever form that might be in.Stop the corruption and the Country will prosper.
    One World One people

4. j guevara

j guevara DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i agree with zambisi. this is the legal dark ages that still has not come to grips with the difference between sin and crime.

meeting the love of your life on the net is the latest match maker system here. and when you do your first expense more often than not is paying for her annulment.

your next expense i believe is having her cell phone surgicly removed...

5. j guevara

j guevara DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sounded like a good into to me Swany. says a lot more about himself than "from" and "who" or "do" ever could. i get a little tired over that rediculous cliche question of "where U from?" When actually I am from same place you are: Planet earth. and if we dont start thinking like that we ain't gona have a planet much longer. next question is often "what do ou do". what are we really asking? are we not mearly trying to put strangers in our preconcieved notions so we cn catagorize them without really taking the time or effort to really get to know someone. peterwoo told us what he thinks. as for me, thanks P, nice to meet you. Small world you say? hmmmm. think again...

6. fundiver198

fundiver198 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Secular vs. religious

I agree with all of this. This law places the Philippines in a rather embarrasing company with certain islamic states, where laws are dictated by religion and not by common sence nor respect for human rights. I.e. where theives have there hands cut of, where adultery is punished by death, and where men can only be convicted for rape, if there are 3 witnesses to the act.

All nations should respect, that there should be freedom for people to beleive in whichever religion they wish, but laws should be secular not religious. This is a big issue for debate in Tyrkey, the so far only islamic state, where state and religion are separated by law. It should be in the Philippines as well, since the catholic church obviously has a massive influence on the laws of the country.

7. Benn

Benn DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think the law in the Philippines should be changed, allowing its people to have more fredom. The husband had been separated from her for 3 years. If he really loves her, why didn't he attempt to restore their relationship during the 3 years? Sounds like this is his revenge. This is just my opinion.

8. fundiver198

fundiver198 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Revenge or blackmail

Revenge or blackmail, and most likely the latter in my opinion. I think the list of foreigners, who have had to pay huge sums of money to the ex-husband of their philippino spouses to get her annullment finished, is literally endless.

Maybe that is why, we see so many 60+ years old men persuing teenagers or 20-somethings in Dumaguete. They are dead scared, that she might have been married before, if they go for a more mature woman :D

9. dumaguetenia

dumaguetenia DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    :smile: --------------------------------------------------------------------:D
    ..the law is not the problem. It's the person or people obeying the law of the land is the problem. All i can say , " know your neighbours , but , don't slept with your neighbours wife.":wink: one more , don't leave your mark , if you ever done so.:D

10. Benn

Benn DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Religion is good, as long as it allows freedom. Any religion that dictates peoples lives is a dictatorship. Religion has been around since the beginning of time, and has proven to be both good and bad. Religion is good when it allows for mercy. The British man and his Filipina girlfriend are victims of both a corrupt government and religion. this is only my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.