Dumaguete Info Search

building a two story house in dumaguete????

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by claire29, Aug 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claire29

claire29 DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    :confused:Hello everybody soon I will be coming back in phil and thinking to build our house in dumaguete. I read in some previous threads about building a house but could not get some answer did anyone here build a house just recently if its possible to get some ideas. Actually have done much study in the internet but I would like to hear it from somebody that has already experience to build and finish a house. and I am interested also to get contractors but those that are registered I know they are abit high with the price but I want to be sure. Anyway they should give diff. options . Any advice will be very much appreciated. thanks everybody.

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    Civil Engineer!

Claire! email this guy, I have seen his work. It's good!

philip2males@yahoo.com

Any problems let me know:wink:

Jack P.:smile:

3. PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    I am using SM & MST Construction, owner Stanley Tinio, you can see his website at Home. His price, as well as other contractors I contacted is between p18,000 - p20,000 per square meter, not cheap but very good quality. I'm sure there are less expensive contractors. Takes 6 to 8 months to build. The key, in my opinion, is the lot price. Lots are much higher in Dumaguete than Bacong or Dauin. I'm sure there are many contributors on this forum with informative experience.

4. PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Oops, sorry for my error, forgot we cannot put out vendors websites.

5. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
  6. OP
    OP
    claire29

claire29 DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    hello pato,

Thank you very much really a very big help though I had been studying the SM & MST contruction in the net found their site. But per square meter price this I did not came to know. With regards to the lot where i will build my house I bought already before leaving phil 2 years ago. I have it in bantayan just infront of the barangay hall. Paid 3,500 pesos per sq. abit high but could not find one more better with in the city. But I just want to ask sir if 20,000 pesos is a finish product or something else will be added after finishing the house just wondering also if what kind of roof they installed for your house. Thanks alot sir if you could let us see some pictures of your house I will really appreciate it. If this is ok for you. Just to have more ideas. thank you thank you very much:smile::smile:

claire

7. OP
    OP
    claire29

claire29 DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    hello sir jack,

Thanks alot for the email address I will try to write as soon as possible. sure I will let you know the out come thanks again . Have a greet day...

8. OP
    OP
    claire29

claire29 DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    hi knowdafish,

Yes I had been studying their site as well its true they give alots of info about constructing a house. Thanks again

9. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    I hope that includes labor, materials, plans, permits, and furnishings! :eek:

10. PatO

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    My price included all plans, permits, labor, materials etc. He offers sort of a turnkey package including a tigula tile roof, granite counters and Island, etc. I modified his initial interior design for a step down living area, step up dining room and kitchen, very high ceilings, an interior and exterior wood and metal railing, and green tinted windows. However, there are significant additional costs for security window grills, concrete block wall, front fence and gate, and concrete driveway around the house, carport in back of house, and of course landscaping. The roof will be completed in the next two weeks, the rest of the house in October. I still have to put in the driveway and front fence and gate. If I had to do it over again, I think I would have included the driveway and front fence and security grills in the contract and tried to negotiate a better price. I am having to spend much more money that I planned to for the complete solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.