Dumaguete Info Search

Buying Cebu Pacific tickets online

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by firefly, Jun 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. travelhomebusiness

travelhomebusiness DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    as what i have experienced from my clients buying cebu pacific tickets are:
    1. promo fares are book and buy and non-refundable
    2. tickets not canceled 3 or 2 days prior departure is considered no-show and worst is philippine travel tax is non-refundable; fare might be forfeited, and you will be asked to pay additional payment for the no-show penalty
    3. if you rebook ticket for international flights you will be charged 5200pesos per person per way + fare...might as well buy a new ticket as it is a lot cheaper than rebooking...but you will get no refund from your canceled ticket not unless you have pertinent documents to show to airline cause of cancellation, if you say you were sick...you need medical certificate + photocopy of your physician's PRC license but still no guarantee you will receive refund as it is subject for approval in manila office...
    4. if you purchase ticket on-line, philippine travel tax is not included...
    5. if you purchase ticket by credit card, you'll wait for 6 months or more before refund will reflect in your account.
    6. if you made cash payment, you have to produce documents stating the reason why you canceled and still they can't guarantee wether you can get a refund or not (this is for last minute cancellation; like a day before travel date)

Though cebu pacific have this low fare but the service is not that good.

Cebu pacific asking you to purchase return ticket, that is marketing strategy so, that you'll still fly with them on your return and they got your money and if incase you cancel or rebook ticket then they will get more money from you and still they can sell your seat.

Cathay is one of the best, i agree.

Before you cancel any ticket, better ask local travel agent for the possible cancellation charges so, that it would not be a waste time to go direct to where you purchase the ticket and ask a refund but you are spending more than the refund you'll get from the airline.

I hope i am answering your question or at least have given you an idea...thanks

2. OP
    OP
    firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    ? ? ? ? ? ?

3. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Things are different here!
    Kenny

4. Maximus

Maximus DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    How about contacting the HK CB office to purchase a ticket from them charge to your credit card ahead of time or maybe they can give you a reservation?

Hong Kong Cebu Pacific Intl Sales Office:
    Unit 407 Mirror Tower
    Mody Road, Tsimshatsui East, Kowloon, Hong Kong
    Tel: (852) 2722-0609
    Fax: (852) 2722-1993

5. Kenny

Kenny DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I believe that Cebu Pacific only offers their deep discounts for online sales. If I'm wrong I would be glad to hear it.
    Kenny

6. OP
    OP
    firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    It is possible to buy Cebu Pacific tickets anytime at the same price as you can see on internet but not in all Cebu Pacific offices.
    I mentioned earlier the offices in Robinsons Cebu and Manila with very correct service.
    Maybe there are more like that but those offices in "francise" like Ramar in Dumaguete and the one in the basement of SM Cebu make there own rules ,first by adding 150 pesos /ticket wich is acceptable. By adding 1.620 pesos traveltax on international tickets wich is absolutely unaceptable and by making "mistakes" on the price they ask so now and then with white people who pay wathever the saleslady is asking.
    When you complain then you receive an explanation that nobody understand and sometimes they will agree that there is still a cheaper possibility.
    Best is to visit a cybercafé, look on internet and find out the right price just before you go to the CP-office. It is possible that the price has changed this is true but if you look the next day on internet and still see the same price as before there is something "strange" going on. That's my oppinion.
    Let me still say that the Kowloon-office (Mody road) is also correct but in the airport of Hong Kong Cebu Pacific is only selling the most expensive tickets they have.

7. Maximus

Maximus DI Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    firefly,
    Try contacting the help contact us section of their website, maybe they can give you an answer of why your visa card's rejected, you never know if you don't try, there should be somebody that could help.
    What I do sometimes if that happens I try logging on to a different computer, for some reason in my experience, I log on my laptop the website rejects my card but logging on a different computer it works, sounds stupid but maybe the settings, etc, not sure why, but no harm in trying.
    Good luck.

8. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    OP seems somehow obsessed with booking on Cebu Pacific. Rhoody must be smiling to discover another fixated fan. By now, I would have explored one of many alternatives which are available in the marketplace.

I believe that sufficient has been posted here for him to realize that the deep "seat sale" type discounts he seeks are only available (?) through CP's own URL.

With that said, I will offer another tool which might be helpful. The best Canadian travel agencies which I have patronized over the last five years use a software called Softvoyage:

Softvoyage

This travel management and distribution system is offered to travel agencies, tour operators and consolidators only. It permits customers of those agencies to perform universal flight searches and "drill down" to the specific itineraries and fare structures that they seek.

You can not book directly yourself as a retail customer. I would use it to search out the system's capabilities. He can do the footwork, which he seems to enjoy. Then he should find a travel agency in which he has confidence and which utilizes this software for its own online booking facility.

How does it work? The travel agencies charge the user a fee for service. Softvoyage gets a fee from the distribution of travel products.

Why do I post this? What is the connection to Dumaguete?

It's how I found my way here (to Cebu) in the first place. It is, quite literally, what brought me back.

9. OP
    OP
    firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Maximus,
    Contacting the Cebu Pacific helpdesk does not help, they just bounce the ball back by saying that you must contact your own bank (creditcardcompany) because the problem lays there acording to them.
    Davfitz,
    This is not an obsession, this is pure economics.
    A ticket Hong Kong - Cebu - Hong Kong roundtrip all inclusive with departure in the middle of September and a return in March 2010 cost 1,062 HK$ with Cebu Pacific or 137 US$ or 97 Euro. You can find out very easily on the website of Cebu Pacific.
    If somebody can find me an alternative airline with whatever sophisticated tool at an equal price, i"l be very glad to here that and i'l be very glad to book this online.

10. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Not an obsession? Don't think so. Try:

obsession - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

The old "It's your bank" is equally specious. If you still insist, try

a different credit card someone else's if you do not have one; or
    a different computer - as suggested earlier.

More realistically - give it up! It's just NOT going to happen for you.

BTW, I do admire your determination. Rhoody is no doubt suffering from a laughing fit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.