Dumaguete Info Search

Buying Cebu Pacific tickets online

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by firefly, Jun 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    It has been my intention from the beginning to bring some entertainment in this forum

2. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Just for fun....I did HKG-MNL on PAL round-trip for a couple different dates next month on expedia.com (use them very often) and it was consistently $162 USD round-trip...or for our European friends - 116 euros. We always use PAL round-trip out of Singapore and it's been superb last few years, and cheap. Once in Manila..if you are going to Dumaguete or Cebu you can grab a ticket at any PAL office, or at the airport office, or make it easier and use the PAL website from Belgium in advance.....Don't root around with Cebu Pacific....worse than useless...

3. OP
    OP
    firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    I went to the website of expedia.com.
    A ticket Hong Kong - Manila - Hong Kong roundtrip all inclusive with Philippine Airlines and departure in september and return in March costs :406 US$ or much more than the 137 US$ of Cebu Pacific. And i don't want to be in Manila but in Cebu.

4. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Sorry mate...didn't know how long you were staying....good luck. Do you have a relative that can shop for you in the Philippines? How about going one way from HKG and buying the outward trip later? I've only been asked once - out of over 50 trips for proof of onward travel. Very good odds....

5. OP
    OP
    firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    Garbonzo,
    Yes some friends from Belgium who are visiting the Philippines the coming weeks will buy my tickets some of the coming days in the Philippines. Problem solved.... for now.
    A oneway ticket to the Philippines is not an option as i wrote earlier the Philippine immigration demands an onward or returnticket upon arrival in the Philippines and some airlines are very strict on that rule with Cebu Pacific as spearhead.

6. eddy

eddy DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    onward ticket

I have been asked twice in the last 4 trips to london about a onward ticket, the last time in march on Kuwait airlines, they took my onward ticket at heathrow and said that is not valid (it was a ticket to hong kong on pal for a flight in 20 days time) I told the check in girl that it is a fully paid ticket, she was not satisfied, and took the ticket upstairs, finally after a long delay she said ok you can proceed. So please be careful if you go on Kuwait airlines

7. OP
    OP
    firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    And I have my roundtriptickets Hong Kong – Cebu – Hong Kong.
    On the internet such a ticket costs: 1,375 HK $ or 8,554 pesos (incl)
    In Cebu Pacific office Dumaguete ( Ramar) I paid 11,146 pesos (incl) and inclusive (useless) traveltax.
    The printed explanation of Cebu Pacific:
    IMPORTANT ADVISORY :
    ****PHIL TRAVEL TAX COLLECTED FOR BOTH PAX IN RAMAR GSA DGT DUE PAX CANNOT PRESENT LATEST DATE OF ARRIVAL UPON PURCHASE OF TKT/PURCHASER FULLY AWRE*****

Nice combination is this: in Hong Kong , Cebu Pacific don’t let you board the airplane without a return or onward ticket, and if you buy that ticket in Dumaguete they charge you traveltax while you cannot prove with your passport date of arrival.

8. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    I do not wish to be rubbing salt into your wound, but that's what you get for buying a discounted ticket to someplace short of your intended destination - particularly in a different country. Your cheap trip from Brussels to Hong Kong, just became a somewhat dearer trip from Brussels to Dumaguete, non?

Cebu Pacific, like all carriers flying international routes, is forced to give effect to the policies of most governments requiring return or onward tickets to be produced as part of the check-in process. This rule is not always enforced. Failure to do so requires the offending carrier to the external point of boarding at the carrier's expense.

Of course, you already know about death and taxes.

Anne and I just returned from Davao. The return ticket Cebu-Davao, purchased on the internet (with NO difficulty, now that CP has cleaned up its act) cost the peso equivalent of the eighty bucks Canadian charged to my Mastercard. That's what I would have paid for the two taxi fares to/from the airport in Ottawa not long ago.

9. OP
    OP
    firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    The total cost of my trip comes about 380 Euro cheaper then when i was buying a roundtrip ticket Brussels - Cebu for a stay of 6 months.
    Perhaps that's why Cebu Pacific finds it necessary to get a piece of the cake.
    By the way, for who can buy tickets online of Cebu Pacific, a oneway ticket Dumaguete-Hong Kong (via Manila) is cheaper than a oneway Cebu - Hong Kong.

10. davfitz

davfitz DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Now also remember the baggage entitlement on Cebu Pacific is 15Kg. If you have packed to the limit of the greater baggage entitlement of your international carrier, you'll be paying extra in Hong Kong. Smile

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.