Dumaguete Info Search

Buying Cebu Pacific tickets online

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by firefly, Jun 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liquido

liquido DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    If you check on the first page lower right hand corner of there website they show "Verified By Visa" or "Mastercard SecureCode" if either one of your cards has this extra step of security,charging a ticket online will work...You must go to those sites and register your card first...Believe me im not an advocate of CP..On a 3 hour flight between Bangkok-Manila this cheapass airline stiill charges for something to drink..

2. fundiver198

fundiver198 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Unfortunatly it is not as simple as that. I have tried to purchase tickets online with Cebu Pacific with various Visa and Mastercards, which were signed up for "Verified By Visa" etc., and yet the cards were still rejected.

The best advice is, that people just try, since sometimes it is actually working for somebody, and who knows, maybe next time it is your turn to be the lucky one.

And then if it does not work, simply continue without further ado to the webpage of another competing airline like Philippine Airlines, Cathay Pacific, China Airlines or whatever.

If like firefly you plan to have a stopover at a transit destination on your outbound journey, e.g. in Hong Kong, a possible solution is also to purchase the ticket for your return journey at that destination.

In that way you might still get some of the saving by flying Cebu Pacific on your return journey but another airline on your outbound journey, since its not a great idea to purchase any airline ticket just 1 or 2 days ahead of your planned travel date.

3. a007esprit

a007esprit DI Junior Member Showcase Reviewer

car nut anything with cars and old bikes
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Hi Just had the same problem , also going from Brussels to Hong-Kong at 480 euro with KLM (Nice price ) , so then I did book with cebu pasific , also card declined.
    At the end I did call the airline and they just told me that they do not take any booking done out of the philippines. But on the phone they could do it after after asking a lot of questions . Last week I had a friend that had the same problem , he did send his brother in law to the ticket office in Manila with the booking number he had from the online booking (you can book but not pay!!! but you get a booking number!!) he just paid the tickets in Manila , and the ticket office did send a e-mail with the ticket confirmation to Belgium . (Think this is the philippine way of online booking!!)
    Ofcours you can pay double by using PAL .
    Chris (DAUIN)

4. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    No problem with my online booking with CP! I was using a Visa Debit card. I bought my tickets while staying in Manila. It was harder to get a print out from the hotels printer via my zip drive than the whole CP booking and paying process!

5. liquido

liquido DI Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    What an airline....lol..They told me over the phone they specifically do not not take debit cards...Im curious? Is your debit card from a bank here in the Philippines??

6. fundiver198

fundiver198 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    If you call them, they just make up some random ridiculous excuse, because:

a) Its embarrasing to admit, that they can´t get their "new" IT-system to work, even after trying for more than one year.

b) The person on the phone don`t have the slightest clue about the nature of the problem anyway.

7. bikerdave

bikerdave DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 1
    At least the planes work better than their IT system! Knock on wood!!!!

8. highway_61

highway_61 DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    it's just a lottery. I'm in the Philippines now and CP accepted my UK debit card for the first time in 18 months.

whether they'll do the same in 18 days is another matter.

9. Knowdafish

Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +15 / 2
    It was a U.S. based debit card

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.