Dumaguete Info Search


Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

⌛ By property in Philippines

En tråd i '☋ General Chat ☋' startet av RonEtue, 15 Des 2010.

Trådstatus:
Stengt for ytterligere svar.
  1. Jack Peterson

    Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

    Reg.:
    19 Feb 2010
    Innlegg:
    9.115
    Liker mottatt:
    2.245
    Progress.

    Tunji, You are so right on this, I was talking to a lady from the Land Reform Agency last week, she was telling me that they are working hard just now to complete authentications of claims that are just not valid. we were Interested in Purchasing a Lot that was clearly in dispute. Would seem that they can act now on Disputed claims, I was given 2 options, Free Investigations, up to 4 years waiting, or 250.000+php time 3 to 6 months + Survey and lawyers bills. WE decided not to pursue either, I was just hinting that there are some moves to erradicate this, Unlawful possesion? However, if you can remeber last year a reform Laywer was shot Dead when he got to close to the truth. Best left alone we thought.:(
     
  2. PangitPilot

    PangitPilot DI Forum Adept

    Reg.:
    3 Mai 2010
    Innlegg:
    325
    Liker mottatt:
    13
    Looked a few years ago at a beautiful beach lot north of Iba in Zambales. It was leased by a friend of mine but owner wanted to sell. Was told all titles were valid, etc and copies were made available.

    Upon getting copies, I was totally surprised to see a Tagalog Title. Never seen one before. Am interested to know if anyone else has. All land titling in the Philippines is supposed to be in English (Torres System, being implemented at a baby snails pace in the country)

    Now, off to the title office in Iba, Olongapo, San Fernando and Manila. Could not get a ruling on whether it was legit. Deafening Silence. Could not get a Yes OR No ..

    Hmmm .. so, back goes my snoop to the local area and lo and behold, a certain (very) prominent person appeared to have an interest ..

    Guess it was too good to be true .. :D

    If you see a title in Tagalog, be very wary ..
     
  3. Rhoody

    Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

    Reg.:
    19 Des 2006
    Innlegg:
    5.283
    Liker mottatt:
    30
    some interesting stories in that thread ... I stick to renting :smile:
     
  4. ronv8917

    ronv8917 DI Senior Member

    Reg.:
    8 Des 2009
    Innlegg:
    650
    Liker mottatt:
    5
    You know Rhoody......I've rented for 10 months now, and I agree with you. All of a sudden, it don't look that bad......to rent.
    Scary stories.......
     
  5. The Dane

    The Dane DI Senior Member

    Reg.:
    11 Okt 2006
    Innlegg:
    958
    Liker mottatt:
    13
    Renting is the way to go for me as well, it would be cool to own your opwn house and property and be able to do with it as you want.

    But too many cases like the ones in this thread, so you will never see me investing that kind of money in the Philippines.
     
  6. firefly

    firefly DI Senior Member

    Reg.:
    26 Jun 2009
    Innlegg:
    971
    Liker mottatt:
    14
    To invest money in real estate, you must have money in the first place.
    I don't like to ride in a Rolls Royce also...
    Just wonder if it is a good idea to invest in old Europe right now.
    Perhaps in real estate in the USA while prices have fallen dramaticaly.
     
  7. Knowdafish

    Knowdafish DI Forum Luminary

    Reg.:
    17 Des 2008
    Innlegg:
    3.038
    Liker mottatt:
    13
    If you are willing to wait 10 years or so, and are willing to pay property tax all the while, maybe.

    I prefer to invest in the Philipines. It takes longer to sell real estate in the Phils, but the appreciation rate is quicker and property taxes are lower.
     
  8. Kenny

    Kenny DI Forum Adept

    Reg.:
    3 Des 2007
    Innlegg:
    446
    Liker mottatt:
    8
    I've been living in the Philippines on and off for the last 30 years. In that time we have owned 3 pieces of property. Two were no problem but one was a major headache. Today I choose to rent although I guess we still own a piece of property in Cebu where the family stays
     
Trådstatus:
Stengt for ytterligere svar.