Dumaguete Info Search

Can you buy spearguns in Dumaguete?

Discussion in '☋ Diving and Marine Life ☋' started by SurfinUSA, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Boring

2. OP
    OP
    SurfinUSA

SurfinUSA DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
  3. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Wow....Surfer,4 posts in a row.
    Did it frustrate, or is it better to call it "ventilation of disagreement with other ones view of a perfect world" ? :smile:
    We do differ ....so ? Don't get (if not yet) frustrated, di ba.
    But to answer your question in one of the 4 posts:
    So hook and line fishing is out as well jellyfish?

Yes, definitely as a diver in the underwater world :wink:.
    Btw .....it's seems also to me very boring to scuba-dive with a line and hook :D
    Stay cool and have fun.

4. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    It's good that we are not the same... but killing living creatures (if not for food or self-protection) just for "male-endorphin-ejaculation" and fun goes somehow a wrong direction now matter in which environment...

5. blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hello Yelly.

Yes I am a spearfisher guy. Even competeting sometimes. Even still holds national record for one kind (also taken in competition)

Opsimas at least had spearguns before, cause I bought my JBL 450 XHD there maybe 12 years ago.

Just rarely I will use speargun in the Philippines, and just for own family benefit.
    But for sure not together with Jelly. I respect his attitude regarding spearfishing and also think he respect mine.

Most of these pictures is taken spearfishin scuba. But competiting is allways skindiving.

Attached Files:

6. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Hahahaha Blackline.....why did you wait so long before reacting ? :smile:
    I was expecting your respond immediately the same day !!
    I'm a bit disappointed that you left me unanswered so long.
    But I guess that you were active in a new spearfishing championship in the Sognefjord :D and could not read this thread earlier then today.
    He, what happened with you ? Is your health still OK or did you have a bite from a seawolf in your one and only typing finger :wink:
    Glad to hear from you again.
    Next time you visit us you can swim here in sweet water of the pool. I promise you dear budy.
    You are right, I respect you as a person (but not as aSCUBA-spearfisher :mad: :D).
    It's like my best friend who is a big boxing fan and boxing promoter.
    I really don't like that sport but he tries to make me a boxing referee (no chance however !).
    But as I said....we are best friends.
    Welcome back Blackline and stay connected !

7. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    well, Jelly, boxing is somehow regulated in weight-classes and 2 human WANT to fight, I can understand that. While people killing defenseless creatures for fun and to get a ha@^-on are 110% sick puppies...
    no matter if under water, wild animal trophy-hunting in africa, or taking a bunch of dogs and 50 helpers to get a fox right in front of some rich guys gun that he can't miss that already scared-to-death creature

but that's just me, I guess I am not "open minded" enough...

8. garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    I agree. Certainly in the Philippines there generally isn't a lot worth shooting anymore along coastal reefs. What little there is probably should stay there and hopefully, if it survives long enough, it breeds. About 1978 - 1980 in the Red Sea near Jeddah I used to spearfish...snorkeling only (never considered it fair with scuba)...and ate what little I took. In a decade with mobs of Filipino and Korean workers doing the same....all gone. Everything. Like a neutron bomb went off in formerly prolific reefs. Gotten a little wiser with age.....

9. blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Hello Jelly. I have not been logged into DI for a while. Cause I have had a crash on my pc. My C-disk collapsed and I have spent some time setting up the machine again. All my mail adresses gone:( and a lot of other trouble)
    At the same time I have had upgoing work on my new garage. Both with mechanic tool setup and my "home cinema" building on the second floor in the garage building.

But back to the Spearfishin. First of all, eat what you are hunting. And no hunting of rare speacies.

Basically I count myself as a environmental friendly diver and even Spearfisher.
    Here in Norway that means that hunting is allowed on most species, but almost never the same in the Phil.

Attached Files:

10. blackline

blackline DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    I dont know so much spearfishin in the red sea. But basically here in Norway i many case it is more easy huntin skindive than scuba cause you are much more fast and silent as a skindiver. This count for most hunted species ecept Sea Wolf.

So the total picture is not that easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.