Dumaguete Info Search

Cell phone service .

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by carl, May 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carl

carl DI Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Just wondering if anyone has info on phone service . If I bring my Iphone to dumaguete from the USA , will it work there in dumaguete with just simply putting in a smart or globe sim card . ....Thanks ..Carl

2. phomsanuk

phomsanuk DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think all you have to do is buy a local sim card. :}

3. Ebie57

Ebie57 DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cell Phone Service

it won't be a problem if your service plan is with AT&T. It will switch automatically to Smart.

"I have my blackberry phone w/ me and it worked fine when I was in Dumaguete last year. What I did, I gave them a call ( AT&T customer service) and told them that I'll be traveling and I will be in the Phils. and I would like to use my cell phone. So, they switch it to a different plan where I can use my phone while traveling abroad".:smile:

4. firefly

firefly DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 1
    This is called 'roaming service"
    Most people realise it what it cost once they are back home and receive their phonebill.
    A simcard plus 300 pesos callingtime cost less than 400 pesos in the Philippines.
    Take advantage of this cheap opportunity because in most country's in the world it will cost you a lot more.
    This is only possible if your cellphone is not locked for a certain phone-compagny of cause.

5. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you have an open iphone you can just use any of these sim cards. Internet will also work.

6. phomsanuk

phomsanuk DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Most internet shops can unlock your phone.

7. Sibulanon

Sibulanon DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, all you need is an open lined iphone and a local sim (globe/smart) and it will be working fine.

8. kewl:)

kewl:) DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    For your internet, cellular data network should be changed first for internet use. For globe you have to ask the local shop manager. Otherwise if you call globe for asssistance? For sure they wont tell you anything about the cellular data network since they are the authorize distributor of iphone in the phils and will suggest you to buy another iphone.
    For smart. Same procedure change the cellular daa network. But never tried asking in their local shops. Be wise though. Mobile internet in the phils will charge you by the hour used and not per download in megabytes. So better disable your network when you are done with the internet.

9. OP
    OP
    carl

carl DI Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Thanks all

Very helpful info . Thanks everyone . I certainly appreciate it .

10. ronv8917

ronv8917 DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I bought 2 ATT iPhones with me and I am using them both on SMART, but it is necessary to "unlock" them first for them to accept a SIM card other than ATT. If you send me a private message I can tell you how to do it. It really is very simple. And how you do it also depends on if you are on update 3.1.2 or 3.1.3. They are different.
    Ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.