Dumaguete Info Search

Review Ceres Busses taking more standing passengers?

Discussion in 'Tourist Information' started by Dave_Hounddriver, May 31, 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    In general, yes! They fill up at the depot and drop off at various points along the way. Often its point to point with no pick ups or drop offs and at other times there are pick up points (usually in areas not serviced by a Ceres bus)

• Informative Informative x 4
  2. birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Two and a half hours drive on that same route made me sick. How fast do V-Hires drive? I haven't been in one.

3. OP
    OP
    Dave_Hounddriver

Dave_Hounddriver DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Ratings:
    +2,502 / 1,061
    As fast as they can. :angelic:

EDIT: As an example. I was once headed north, on a motorcycle, from Cebu city to Danao. Coming towards me was a slow moving multicab. The Ceres bus behind him ignored the fact that I was in the oncoming lane and pulled out to pass, forcing me onto the shoulder of the road. Then, unseen until he pulled out from behind the Ceres bus, a V-Hire pulled out to pass both of them, oblivious to whether I was in the oncoming lane or not. It forced me to go off the road or die. I'm still here so lucky the dirt at the edge of the road was firm.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Rye83

Rye83 with pastrami Admin Secured Account Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Army

FIRE
    Ratings:
    +16,069 / 3,795
    Blood Type:
    O+
    The only vehicle to ever pass me while riding my 1000cc sports bike on the national highway was a v-hire. I was moving along at around 120 kph and this completely insane v-hire driver passes me like I'm sitting still...and I didn't see him coming in my mirrors. Scared the sh*t out me when that d*mn van just popped out of nowhere. I wanted to tell him he was an idiot and tried to keep up but he was taking corners at speeds that made me a bit nervous to do on a super sport. Ended up backing off as he was blowing through populated areas at well over 140 kph. That driver had absolutely no concern for his, his passengers or anyone else's lives. Driving like that in the US would not just get you a ticket, it would get you thrown in prison.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Imagine the most stupid idiotic moronic dangerous stunt performed by any of the locals on a motorbike at night high on Shabu with a bottle of Tanduay Rum under their belt and multiply that by 10X!! I never need to look out to know there is a V-Hire Van coming through Malatapay, you only need to listen for the incessant Horn Honking and HIGH SPEED WOOSH as it passes by along the Highway with everyone else hoking their horns back in retaliation!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  6. birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    For decades Ceres has been operating with less competition. A vague memory of that red bus Netran is all I can think of.

7. Brian Oinks

Brian Oinks That's Mr. Pig to you Boy! :) Highly Rated Poster

Negros Oriental - Near to Zamboanguita ;)
    Ratings:
    +1,535 / 727
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Are you talking about the Red glorified Jeepney type Bus that looks like it was imported from Jamaica? :biggrin: We have caught one several times from the Siaton Terminal to Malatapay, certainly is an eye opener, but is more comfortable than a Jeepney with its Fred Flintstone style seats! :wink:

• Funny Funny x 4
  8. birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Netran, Inc. during the pre-martial law period- Bacolod to Bayawan. I was wrong, it was before Ceres so it was not a rival/competition.

9. Dr. Shiva

Dr. Shiva DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +480 / 165
    Blood Type:
    O-
    Just curious: Is there a bus route Bayawan - Bacolod existing actually?

10. birdwatch

birdwatch DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +308 / 188
    Blood Type:
    A+
    Yes.
    Vallacar Transit (VTI) - Wikipedia
    The first and oldest bus route was the coastal road passing San Carlos, Cadiz, etc which took 8 hours from Dumaguete although I have experienced the 'scary and risky' Mabinay route from Dumaguete to Bacolod in 1982.

• Like Like x 1