Dumaguete Info Search

Cert. to Marry

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by PatO, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MalmoMan

MalmoMan Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086

3. expatron

expatron DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +514 / 126
    Ya It's real for going on 9 years.

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :smile: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! well done that man.:smile::smile::smile:

Jack P.:wink:

5. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    I am American, we got our marriage license in Dumaguete, we got married by a judge. Someone is feeding you a line of bull, and you are blindly accepting it.

I would suggest that anyone planning to marry in the Philippines read and understand the family code;

THE FAMILY CODE OF THE PHILIPPINES - FULL TEXT - CHAN ROBLES VIRTUAL LAW LIBRARY

ALL of the laws concerning legalities of marriage are in there! This is the Philippine laws concerning marriage and family relations, if someone else tells you differently they are full of BS, have them show you a ruling refuting the family code. I guarantee you they CANNOT provide that.

Larry

6. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :smile: Just thought you could read from the US embassy fact sheet under MARRIAGE, this piece of legislation. Thought it may lay the Judge theory to rest.

usembassy.gov

Regards Jack P.:smile:

(mmm now why did that not work properly ):(

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Try this one;

Embassy of the United States of America in Manila

Larry

8. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :o:o Thank You Larry, Not an address I use so just used what was on my browser head. Anyway I am sure the page I was reading will put your words firmly in to the minds of those that accept BS. Again, Thank you for the assistance on this. As I said, The end result of marriage is the same for all of us, just getting to the license bit is somewhat different. I am so Glad that issue is behind me.

Bye the way, is your friend the Organ Man due at all in dumaguete this year? really would like to meet him.

Jack P.:wink:

9. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,539 / 1,016
    I just checked with Attorney Vergara, N.O. attorney general, he said a judge can marry us. In fact, he is arranging with the judge to perform our ceremony.

10. MalmoMan

MalmoMan Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for telling me that the Chief Judge of Dumaguete court gave me bull last year in April when I got married in Dumaguete. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.