Dumaguete Info Search

Cert. to Marry

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by PatO, Jul 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MalmoMan

MalmoMan Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The American Embassy just tell you what they know and do not set the rules for a marriage in Philippines. Look at #2.1 and #4 in Philippine Marriage Law.
    According to the Chief Judge in Dumaguete a Certificate of Legal Capacity is a doucument in Lieu of an original document.. There is no original available from USA and therefore the Certificate of Legal Capacity is unvalid according to #4. in the Philippine Marriage law, according to the Dumaguete Judge.

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,210 / 1,086
    :smile: So pleased that you are getting there, Hope all goes well from now on. Wish you Both all the very Best.

I wonder if you would do something for me. Would you let us know how many days from the application of the Marriage License to the actual date obtained for the Wedding. Just curious about this, I know this will be a busy time for you but if you can keep us Updated, I know you will be doing the DI a very valuable service on the Issue of Marriage in the PI.

Have a Great Wedding my Friend. :wink:

Jack P.:smile:

3. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

Dude, there have been HUNDREDS of Americans who got married in Dumaguete, including me. There have been many THOUSANDS of Americans who got married in the Philippines. Were all those marriages performed illegally?

ANY Judge can marry you within their jurisdiction. Find a different Judge, it's not so terribly difficult.

Larry.

4. MalmoMan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am very happily married legally that is all I know. The Judges knows the rest.
    Talk to them and don't bother me. I just gave you info from Dumaguete Chief Judge at the Courthouse and what happend to me when we wanted to have a Judge wed us.
    We have this problem because USA do not issue an ORIGINAL CERTIFICATE OF LEGAL CAPACITY and a IN LIEU OF CERTIFICATE OF LEGAL CAPACITY from Cebu or Manila is not acceptable referring to Paragraf #4 in the Philippine Marrige Law. All said by the Judge. NOT ME!
    Only Americans have this problem.

5. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    Small world, I had 5 different homes in Carlsbad, great town.

6. MalmoMan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wish you lived in one of them...... I hope I am soon moving back to one of my houses, Oceanside, Vista and Carlsbad. Dumaguete is getting to me and nothing is happening for the better it seems. Very hard to adjust, even after all the years here. Maybe my wife finally will say yes and move back to California. She is very family bound and therefore we are still here.....
    One day soon, Sunny and dry weather Southern California and all the entertainment down in San Diego.....really miss it. Can't wait to start a Cadillac De Ville or a Lexus and drive south or north on Interstate 5 again or why not a trip to San Francisco, coming back via Nevada and Arizona and than home. I left Sweden for California in 1977 and I have never regreted my decision.
    Also miss Las Vegas and Lake Tahoe and all the beauty.
    Best place in the world!

7. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0

I don't need to talk to a Judge either, I already did that, when she married us! My marriage is just as legal as yours.

Larry

8. MalmoMan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good for you, that makes me feel happy for you DUDE!

Have a wonderful life!

9. OP
    OP
    PatO

PatO DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer Veteran Marines

Ratings:
    +4,540 / 1,016
    I will let all interested parties know the results of my complete marriage process, Domingo first for the certificate Aug 11, then seminar, then license, then ceremony. Thank you all of you for your kind support. I am using the few connected contacts I have here to help with the process and hopefully avoid a fubar situation. Semper Fi

10. shadow

shadow DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +39 / 0
    Yes he is, but I'm not sure when.

Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.