Dumaguete Info Search

Climbing Mount Talinis

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by Union Jack, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Manzanita

Manzanita DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    Hey Simple Mind, how much of a hike is it to the top from Camp Lookout? Thats where we ride the dirt bikes up to.
    Past that, it's better to walk. How long from there to the summit of Talinis?

2. OP
    OP
    Union Jack

Union Jack DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    To simple mind......
    I'm very happy to hear you had no problems whatsoever.
    Maybe you are pinoy and that helps a lot, mind you, if you read my post, the advice was given to me by my nephew whom is a Dumaguetinho.
    I have to consider all possibilities before getting in places I'm not familiar to, this applies everywhere in the world, may I add, so do not mistake my words for an act of aggressiveness or ignorance. As for reading the situation, it's a little difficult when one does not speak the language and all you see around are smiling faces holding a bolo.
    Maybe we could get together one day, with other forum members and get to the summit....
    Anyway, these are the kind of mountains I'm used to.....

Attached Files:

3. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    "union jack" I did not exactly adress you with that reply but "Pepper Sprays" are weapons!
    I am a Swiss National with a very "High Nose" and I know a bit of Tagalog, forget about the Mountains you climbed at home, I had to do the same!
    And I would suggest that all interested DI Members should do some easy Hiking first, for example from Apalong up to the Japanese Shrine so you get used to the Natives around you and don't forget that you are living here and it would be a good Idea to go out more and not stick to Expat Company only.
    Regards:wink:
    To "Manzanita" I did not go that Route yet and can not give you an estimate.

4. OP
    OP
    Union Jack

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    Hey simple mind, then we are neighbours, I come from the other side of the Alps.
    I agree with you on "climatizing" with an easy stroll first, been at the Japanese Shrine and Casaroro Waterfall on my last visit (admittedly I was driven most of the way), so I'll have to find some other place, maybe you can come up with some suggestions. With regards to expat company only, believe me, you are barking at the wrong tree. I mingle with the locals most if not all times, although I do not see anything wrong in discussing matters on a different perspective with another westerner and believe me, unless it's pouring with rain, you won't find me at home :wink:
    Cheers.

5. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    Okey, so I was barking up the wrong tree but then, I like Barking!:wink: I actualy start to like you, maybe we could do that trip up to Japanese Shrine "per pedes" together and get to know each other by that a bit better. You Game for it? Regards:D

6. OP
    OP
    Union Jack

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    You never know mate, just one thing....."per pedes...." what's that?
    My french is not so good :confused:

7. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    per pedes = on foot, e.g. walking !!!

Not surprised you're confused trying to translate the French, because it's Latin :D:D:D

8. OP
    OP
    Union Jack

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    Hi broadside,
    Gosh, should have known better given that I'm a "homo italicus" from Taurinium, mind you, latin was never my best subject....
    Cheers.

9. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1

10. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,209 / 1,086
    Education?

Broadside! Education time is NEVER! wasted, It just takes 30 or 40 years to understand!

Jack P. :smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.