Dumaguete Info Search

Climbing Mount Talinis

Discussion in '☋ Tourist Information ☋' started by Union Jack, Nov 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simple mind

simple mind DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 4
    Well, Stroll is maybe not the right word to describe the sweat generating activity that is required to Climb Mt.Talinis, here some Pictures on our trip 2005.:smile:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. biker

biker DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    is there anyone else tried dauin-talinis route..ive heard the access is not so difficult to reach the summit..im not sure i didnt try|422|

3. OP
    OP
    Union Jack

Union Jack DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +13 / 1
    Great pictures simple mind, they confirmed what expected....a humid, treacherous environment, rich in flora (I hate ferns though) and as yet unspoilt. Any sight of the rare deers or wild pigs or any wildlife for that matter? I guess they just melt away when hearing noises or smelling people' aftershave....What amazes me in the many pics i've seen is, in many cases, the lack of basic equipment, i mean i saw pictures of people getting up in their flip flops, shorts, plastic carrier bags....:o
    Did you pick up any ticks or other parasites while climbing through the vegetation?
    What about mosquitoes?
    Cheers.

4. Rodneyemr

Rodneyemr DI Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Anybody want to climb Mt Talinis with me

I just moved here from Colorado & am very keen to climb Mt Talinis. If anybody else has interest, let me know, especially if you have done it before and keen on summiting again.

5. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Yep would be interested in this,was up at cassero falls and the japanese shrine today.Spoke to a guy up at the shrine who would get a guide foe 1000 peso and he would inform the proper authorities,it would be an overnight stay at the top also and would follow the track from cassero falls. Have got to wait until my kit gets here first from the uk though.
    Had a good look around today from the shrine and looks like a good climb and very steep..

6. Rodneyemr

Rodneyemr DI Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Im living in Dauin & can go anytime. I'm keen on hiring a guide. Just let me know when your kit arrives. Rodney

7. lemor

lemor DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    mt.talinis

mt.talinis - lake yagumyum

Attached Files:

8. DavyL200

DavyL200 DI Forum Luminary ★ Global Mod ★ ★ Moderator ★ Highly Rated Poster Showcase Reviewer

Ratings:
    +5,126 / 466
    Ok no worries Rod,will pm you on here when my kit gets here,will be staying in Bacong area.Also looking to get up Mt canalon at some point also and maybe camp a couple of nights!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.