Dumaguete Info Search

coup in Manila

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by RHB, Nov 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tfa1957

tfa1957 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Come on Newt...stop holding back, tell us what youi really think. Seriously though, thanks for your opinion on the short lived crisis.

2. tfa1957

tfa1957 DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Thanks for the details of the attempted coup. We don't always get good details and often CNN only runs a line at the bottom of the screen, as in this case. So, again, thanks for the details.

Tom

3. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    If i say all in my mind tfa i could be banned for inciting violence and loads of swearing loose ooops (rhoods is always keeping a close eye ,you know:wink: ),have even edited that post to sound milder .I meant to post a mssg on this thread yesterday but change my mind, need lot of editing it's somehow vile ,not good for improving my reputation here.:wink:I'll try to stay away from the ban list:D

4. Kalag

Kalag DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Addendum:

The Filipinos are being conditioned to watch a political zarzuela. Everything is staged. The next act will be the revision of the constitution. Or are they talking about it now? Hehehe....

5. OP
    OP
    RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    kalag, you have some interesting observations.
    Here is a take from one foreign visitor, without taking sides I will add.

Like the U.S. and other so called developed nations, power lies beneath the surface, you never know, as an average citizen, who holds the keys. At the same time the populace is diverted by either wag the dog political theater or popular culture pap, such as wowowee here or perhaps Nascar racing, "reality" TV, and wet t shirt contests in the U.S.

6. Kalag

Kalag DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's always political diversion... In Europe they thrilled their people by a football match. There's no such thing as political riot, sans France, only in the stadium. Australia and Singapore, their media organizations focus on the ills of other countries. You see.... Why not copy their style? Our free press is just putting our country always in the ICU......

7. wretched_hyena

wretched_hyena DI Member

Artist
    Ratings:
    +6 / 7
    It might help if they'd quit electing actors. We tried it in the U.S. and got shafted for eight years.

8. Kalag

Kalag DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not a single person can hold back the voice of the people. In California they are starting a movement to petition the US Supreme Court to change the the provision in the law that only a person born in America is qualified to be the president. Their aim is for Arnold Schwarzinegger to be qualified to run. Hehe...

9. Mam A

Mam A DI Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Theatres or theaters

HA! Coup my --- [toink]. THEY are not done yet with the pickpocketing so brace yourselves. Hold your pockets. Theaters or theaters, the ever looooong-drawn onslaught of corruption might just continue. Corruption competition he he he. Don't even tell this comes from me.:D

10. wretched_hyena

wretched_hyena DI Member

Artist
    Ratings:
    +6 / 7
    It would take more than a petition. It's written into the constitution. It would take a constitutional amendment. Not a chance. No, Arnold will have to settle for gubanah.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.