Dumaguete Info Search

Crime and Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by garbonzo, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ViperACR

ViperACR DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There are persistant rumors that Antulang Resort is financed with drug money.

Riding a pedicab to see friends in Alegria (sp) over on southwestern Cebu Island after getting off the bus from Santander area and seeing a rather nice beachhouse with a high wall around it, I asked my fellow passenger who owned that nice place..

He made a motion towards his nose-something I didn't understand, then said, "Drug dealers".

Neighbors from my old subdivision in Candau-ay complain of more break ins.

In fact one guy was chased down, shot off his scooter, and then executed in front of El Pueblo subd when we lived in the area.

Like I said, the drug problem is real, and worse, there's only a few cities on all of Negros that an addict looking to fund his habit would go to.

Addicts know no fear.

2. Bandit

Bandit Guest Guest User

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Crime in Dgte pops up in the online Sun Star Times now & then. One I remember is that a girl walking out of OK Pension had her laptop computer snatched from her by thieves on a scooter who zoomed by and yanked it from her.

Also the foreigner who was robbed immediately after withdrawing P100,000 from the bank near Quezon Park.

Keep an eye on what's going on around you while you're in town..

3. Columbo

Columbo DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, it is true, I have also this information and when you visit the place it does not change that view.

4. atlargex

atlargex DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    It seems like everyone knows about this place but the famous Dumaguete vigilantes...Or could it be that they only have enough balls to go after small time dealers:rolleyes:

5. ViperACR

ViperACR DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The big time dealers might be paying the authorities off... Or the maybe the big time dealers took advantage of the vigilante craze and decided to eradicate the competition

Last time I was at Antulang was way back in 2001 or so..

6. atlargex

atlargex DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Interesting observation....That could likely be the case between the authorities and the big dealers. However, it wouldn't suprise me if the so called "vigilantes" are on their payroll as well.

7. Columbo

Columbo DI Junior Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It is no news that the big criminals are pretty safe, they have power in society. Anyway, better stay away at night from those spots, wrong time/wrong place easyly can occur.
    Dumaguete is very safe, but the places which are considered safe are mostly the most risky, as for example late at night around Why Not. You fish where the fish can be found easy right? And often easy to catch as many are drunk.
    No fear needed, but use general precautions.

8. pickled_newt

pickled_newt DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +17 / 12
    I heard of this Antulang 'lee' connections with drugs thingy in early 90's.If the rumours spread to this day,there must be some something in it ... it's impossible to grip a smoke by hand.

9. pulis_puslit

pulis_puslit One Hit Wonder?

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Drug dealers in dumaguete

Boy Li is a big time drug dealer in Dumaguete. Everybody knows that but the authorities have no balls to arrest this mother_f$%32!

Another big suspect is Herminio Teves. Both these personalities I heard get protection from a retired military general named Montano of Amlan.

10. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Isn't Miniong Teves in politics? or was? So anyway the shabu is still strong in Duma then? That's a shame because a man-made drug like that will turn people into dried-out losers who don't deserve a place in our city.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.