Dumaguete Info Search

Crime and Dumaguete

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by garbonzo, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OP
    OP
    garbonzo

garbonzo DI Senior Member Veteran Marines

Retired
    Ratings:
    +68 / 1
    Thanks for the info TB. Haven't been there in many years. I heard a large Marine contingent is being shifted there from Japan. I'm looking at something aviation related, my 'normal' field...The company is paying a decent salary...but it's close to what I make here, so I'll think on it....I suppose Yigo and Dededo are still nice areas.....and the diving was good...and I hear it's fantastic further afield in Micronesia...

2. tubigboy

tubigboy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Okinawa Marines and their families are being shifted to Guam. All of Guam is nice, its just some neighborhoods can get a little dicey. Dededo and Yigo are both good places. They are closer to Andersen too.

I would suggest that you really think about it. You only live once and heck, if you dont like it, just go back to your old job. Take a sabbatical from your job if that is possible. When I lived on Guam, my friends and I used to fly over to the PI every 6 months for a few days. Now, I have friends flying here all the time a 5 of them are now working here or retired here in the PI. Plus, you can dive on Saipan, Palau, Tinian, and Rota.

3. tubigboy

tubigboy DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    woops, that should be 'and' 5 of them are now working..............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.