Dumaguete Info Search

Dauin or Zamboanguita, again...

Discussion in '☋ Dumaguete City ☋' started by bold.and.beautiful, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daffs

daffs DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Can you post your pics.from that place ?So that we also know how does it looks when it’s not from aerial shots.

2. RHB

RHB DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 2
    Seems you are often confused Jelly, Dauin is on the way back from Siaton to Dumaguete where the choppers originate their sorties. Just ask the other Dutchman, he knows.

3. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    it's ok we understand you are bored...

4. jellyfish

jellyfish DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    You are starting to become quite sarcastic, mister RHB.
    If you try me to tell where Dauin is, which I pass nearly EVERY day, then you make yourself quite ridiculous. You indeed seem to know SO much, but not quite (3 x 'quite' to keep it polite: again it rhymes).
    From where I live I'm at the Korean People Resort within less than 8 minutes, dear friend.

Daffs, today I forgot to make the pic there.
    I will do it tomorrow morning before my dive in DAUIN (which, I learned today, seems to be on my way to Dumaguete :D )
    Yes, I will post that pic still this week.

5. OP
    OP
    bold.and.beautiful

bold.and.beautiful DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Oh no, I'm not a pilot, but I took the pic on board a Huey from Mactan. I'm an auxiliary of the 5052nd Search and Rescue Squadron, though, that's based in Mactan. On this trip, the two UH-1Hs were just doing a sortie of the south.

6. OP
    OP
    bold.and.beautiful

bold.and.beautiful DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Actually, this pic was taken long before the beefed-up military presence in the south (Siaton is the base of the 79th Infantry Battalion). And yes, there's increased military activity in the province as the Armed Forces have to beat the deadline (end of 2008) to crush the insurgency in Neg. Or.

7. jellyfish

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Gini, I went there this morning and took some pics. The weather was not good but I can't believe it's this place from where the pic by B&B is taken.
    1) from the coastline Apo Island is to be seen to the right hand side (not as in the pic of B&B)
    2) there was no sand bank (only stony beach) and acc. to the people at Korean Dive Resort there IS never a sand bank.
    The river at the left hand side could however possibly make a sand bank under certain conditions (like at my own place) but the workers at the dive resort haven't seen it ever, they said.

I will continue to search B&B.
    The spot is too nice NOT to do so.
    BTW: The Korean Dive Resort is not of a high standard like some others in Dauin and Maluay/Zamboanguita but it looks OK to me.

Attached Files:

8. Rhoody

Rhoody DI Forum Luminary

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Jelly It is next to Peoples... happens only 2-3 times a year... BB was very lucky

9. jellyfish

Ratings:
    +19 / 0

Attached Files:

10. jellyfish

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Rhoody, that means that it must be located on the other (more north) side of the (now dry) river.
    You have to pass a river bank to reach the Korean Peoples Resort.
    What is then the name of THAT other place, Rhoody ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.