Dumaguete Info Search

DC the City!

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by Mam A, Oct 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mam A

Mam A DI Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Hi Everyone! :smile: I'm new to this forum, just registered myself a couple of minutes ago. Want you all to know how much I love DC our City! :p It's hard not to notice how progressive the city has become. I'm glad progress is slow here because basin malimtan ang mga simplicities of old. basin wala nay mahinumdom ug syatong ug kayokok? dyolin ug bato-lata? will post a little bit more later nah. TC!

2. daffs

daffs DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +2 / 0

Wellcome to this forum mam, i love dumaguete also but before, now not so.Just so crowded for me.

3. boyette

boyette DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Welcome Mam A

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am a new member myself, perhaps just a few days ahead of you.
    So far, i've had a blast browsing the many features of our website. The messages posted are really for real - by people who unselfishly share information and assistance to fellow members. I don't know any of the members personally, but I have this nice feeling that I belong to a community of people who truly care for each other.
    Unfortunately, our website is not known to people who have migrated to other places in the Phils and the world. I discovered DI only when i was surfing the net for the latest happenings in Dumaguete. As a matter of fact, I haven't heard any of my friends who are now also living in the US eastcoast who hail from Neg.Or. or who have studied in SU mention the website.
    But I guess that is a task for us members which we should seriously tackle. We can invite relatives and friends alike by word of mouth, email, or what have you to join our small (for now) community.
    Going to your view about not losing the simplicities in life, sad to say, not many kids now play syatong, kayokok, (even tubig2 or patintero as tagalogs call it), bulan-bulan and even pitikan ug lastiko (hopefully, i am not showing my true age here). Somehow, a price has to be paid for progress...

4. crabman

crabman DI New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi i to am new to this group and hold the same sentiments as yourself as to the friendlyness of the people in the group keep it up peeps it's great to talk ok some of it maybe rubbish but hey who's perfect thanks to you all derek

5. chrissar

chrissar DI Senior Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 1
    I think new generations are now hooked on high tech video games, mp3 and texting. Those native games that we used to when we were still young are long forgotten. Time has changed....... a lot.

By the way, welcome to the forum Mam A.:wink:

6. OP
    OP
    Mam A

Mam A DI Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Cheers!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. The DC spirit is simply like that--warm!

I was enjoying just a few minutes ago the pics of my nephew on his skydiving spree. Wow. I'd like to do that myself if I could. At least before hitting 70. :eek: Heh! :p Thinking of creating a slide show of those pics.

Wondering if we have skydiving in DC or Negros? I wonder...

Cheers to you all and bye for now.

Mam A

7. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Mam A, I would definitely recommend it. I went at the weekend and there was a lady who was sponsored by her colleagues at work. She went for it and had a blast although she kept saying "never again" after she landed. I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea :smile: but it sure is mine!! :D The last photo shows me taking a bow - they wouldn't stop applauding otherwise :D

Here's one I found but this is in Mactan:
    Dropzone.com : Cebu Sport Parachute Club, Inc.

I hope you get to do it, it will be money well spent :smile:

Progmeister

Attached Files:

8. boyette

boyette DI Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    It will be money well-spent

Hi Progmeister,
    There's a lot of skydiving clubs from where i presently live. Unfortunately, it is a quite expensive hobby to maintain, besides the fact that i haven't connected with fellow Filipinos as skydiving buddies.
    It is safe to assume then from your quote that Dumaguete does not have any skydiving club at the moment. Could you give me an idea how much money will one have to spend to prepare for his first jump? Like Mam A, I am seriously considering taking a jump before i reach the age where my knees wouldn't be able to take the stress of landing.

9. progmeister

progmeister DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Hey there Boyette,

Indeed, it doesn't come cheap esp if you're just starting. Unless someone in the forum says otherwise I'm quite sure there isn't one in Dgte. The prices for the Mactan dropzone is shown at their site. I spent €320 on my first jump. Thats for tandem and static line (a.k.a. solo) jumps. I'm not a full member just yet but once I am it will only cost me €45 per jump. Some members even jump up to nine/ten times in one day.:D

Best of luck and I hope you will enjoy this exhilirating experience.

The Prog

10. dumaguetenia

dumaguetenia DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    prog.... im interested toooo. When i was young i used to jump down from the tree. I want to try the real thing.
    Why they cannot put that up in Dumaguete ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.