Dumaguete Info Search

Dear Friend, you will be missed.

Discussion in '☋ General Chat ☋' started by RonEtue, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy She & Me

Happy She & Me DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    VIRILITY......longer lasting!

THE VIRILITY-ENHANCEMENT DIET: TWO TO AVOID: ALCOHOL AND TOBACCO
    Adding all of these foods to your diet will help your penile health. There are two substances, however, that will hurt it: alcohol and tobacco. If you consume more than two alcoholic drinks per day consider cutting back. If you don’t, you run the very real risk of giving yourself ED, or worsening an existing condition.

Steady drinking can inhibit both erection and orgasm. It does so by affecting the production of nitric oxide, which, in turn, makes it difficult for the tissue of the corpora cavernosa to relax enough to allow blood to flow in the penis. If drinking continues over time and alcoholism develops, there is even more damage. The peripheral nervous system is often injured, permanently affecting the ability to have an erection.

Excessive alcohol also has a negative effect on blood pressure levels as well. Estimates suggest that in about 7 percent of those with blood pressures of 150/95 or higher, the elevated hypertension is related to the consumption of three or more alcoholic drinks a day. A bottle of 4.5 percent beer, a 4 ounce glass of 12 percent alcohol wine, and 1.5 ounces of 80 proof spirits are each considered one drink. Studies have shown that a reduction in alcohol intake significantly lowers systolic and diastolic pressures in both hypertensive and normotensive men.

If you do drink, do so in moderation.

Many men who drink also smoke. You probably already know the ill effects of this habit, to which ED is another entry on a long list of health-sapping conditions. Smoking causes blood vessels throughout the body to be clogged. And once blood flow is restricted, the ability to have an erection is impaired. A 1994 study of 4,400 Vietnam veterans found that smokers were more likely to admit to ED than nonsmokers and men who had quit the habit. This translated to a whopping 68 percent higher overall risk of ED for smokers. Even ruling out the associated ED risks such as alcoholism, depression, and the use of a number of medications, the smokers still had 50 percent higher chance of developing ED than the others in the study.

The good news is this: if you give up smoking, erections can return within a few months. Your blood pressure will be lower, your blood flow will be better, your heart and lungs will function better, and you will have given yourself more years to actively enjoy a fulfilling sex life.

Share and Enjoy:

Related post:
    •MAKING SEX THERAPY SUCCESSFUL
    •PSYCHOANALYSIS AND SEXUAL DISORDERS: THE LATENCY STAGE
    •EFFECTS OF EROTICA: LABORATORY STUDIES OF PHYSIOLOGICAL RESPONSES
    •SEX AND SOCIETY: SEX EDUCATION
    •STUDIES ON SEXUAL ACTIVITY AND INTEREST WITH AGE -I
    •IMPLANT SURGERY: THE BOTTOM LINE
    •ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION: YOUR PERSONAL DRUG ASSESSMENT
    •COUPLES’ SEXUAL PROBLEMS
    •ERECTION: THE BLOOD-PUMPING SYSTEM
    •CHOOSING A POSITION
    Tags: Men’s Health

Posted in Men's Health-Erectile Dysfunction on March 27, 2009

2. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    I Knew It!

SO! I AM, an ANDROID! I do Both (Smoke & Drink) I have no problems with life at all, Mind, I am ONLY 62, Surely, though, it depends on general health and Life in general. Tobacco and Alcohol have been around for a very long time, We talk about Overpopulation, so someone, somewhere is taking statistics a little too far.:wink: either that or I really am an Android :eek:

Jack P.:smile:

3. Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2
    I am in deep trouble.....do not drink or smoke....got nothing to quit

4. Jack Peterson

Jack Peterson DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster SC Connoisseur Veteran Air Force

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Mind the Trike's!

:wink: You will survive, if you take care crossing the road!

Seriously though, if we took notice of the mumbo jumbo, said and written about what we should do, eat, drink and all the so called research, CRISKY! we would all starve to death. I guess this might, MIGHT! solve the overpopulation.:wink:

Jack P. :smile:

5. Kojak

Kojak DI Forum Adept

Ratings:
    +47 / 2
    A thought.....If you have to give up all the good stuff to live longer.... why would you want to live longer....?

I am over weight.....I need to lose weight to live longer....lower cholesterol....etc
    Guess I will die fat..... I am not giving up eating

6. Happy She & Me

Happy She & Me DI Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Interesting.............

Do You Want To Live Longer?

7. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Boring Life!

:eek: So we give up, Smoking, Alcohol, Hamburgers, Hot dogs, Spend a fortune on Alternative Medication, ban Coffee, watch the e.numbers. Don't eat Red Meat! Boring! My Grandparents were in their late 80s when they passed on, My parents also in the Mid 80's, I see no reason to change, they all did the same things as I do.
    Here in Dgte, you have a better chance of an early grave if you venture out driving in the dark. Crossing the road from Lee Plaza to Mercury Drug. I think that the Robinson's interchange, has MORE hazards than any of the things we should not do.
    I agree that anything we do, should be in moderation BUT at my age now, to give things up, my body would go into Shock (Withdrawl Even:eek:) and this comes from my Doctor!

Jack P. :smile::smile: (Off out for a few SMB's)

8. john boy

john boy DI Forum Luminary Highly Rated Poster

Retired
    Ratings:
    +1,151 / 230
    If you give up Drink and Tobacco you won't live longer, it will only seem longer!
    hehehe

9. Jack Peterson

Happily Retired
    Ratings:
    +5,207 / 1,082
    Exactly!

:wink: JB. as usual, you hit it right on the Head. ME! I am TOTALY happy no matter what!

Jack P.:smile: (just in from those MANY SMB's:D It's Friday:eek:)

10. Broadside

Broadside DI Forum Patron

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    The scare mongerers and the soothsayers come out with a different theory every day. Figures and statistics can always be manipulated to try and give weight to an argument, and people seem to believe something must be true just because they saw it printed in some obscure journal.

Red meat, wine, tobacco, beer, salt, cholesterol, sugar, cream, chocolate, so what ?? You're more likely to die of a heart attack brought on by worrying about these things than by actually using them. In the hungry 50's, we ate bread and dripping, raw bacon rind and sugar sandwiches. How come we're not all dead ?? Yet here we are, now in our sixties, smoking, drinking, enjoying a good steak and cream cakes, and still waking up with morning glory :smile:

The whacko's who write this crap for magazines and journals are usually the kind of know-all people who always know what's best for every one else, and seem to differ with each other every day, so why not just ignore them, let them wallow in their own obscure theories, and just get on with enjoying what you like to do best, instead of worrying yourself into an early grave.

On a personal level, I knew my health had to improve. I only ever smoked after sex, but when I found I was smoking ten cigarettes a day, I cut down on the sex.:D:D:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.